cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 3

I have downloaded the NOW-Tv app and ever since I have downloaded it, I seem to be getting an error code three. I do not have the box, I have the app. On Xbox one. I have reinstalled the app several times, rebooted both Xbox and router, changed DNS and IP settings to the gateway an agent told me (which just gave me an error code 4)

I have contacted NOWTV about it, but it has been a week and I still have no answer or any form of contact from them after talking with them on live-chat.

Any help would be thankful.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Worked fine last night and now it won’t work
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, this problem is still ongoing. Can’t put it any other way. It’s a pain and really ruins this service (that cost a fair bit). Is there any more updates and not just excuses for interference to hdmi cables? Seems it’s more of a problem at your end. It would have to be a coincidence for so many people to have exactly the same set up on there Xbox ones in order to get this error code 3. Any update would be good. A fix would be better. Many thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same Issue here, first time i have tried using Now TV on my XBox One S.

The app loads and even takes me through to select the program, but when opening the program is gives me Error Code 3

Setup is:

XBox One S -->  HDMI > Onkyo receiver > Samsung Smart TV

Unacceptable seeing how long these posts go back and how little seems to have been done

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think that's true, it was working fine on the exact same setup until about three weeks ago when service became intermittent, and is now completely disrupted. Every other app on the xbox is working fine, so can't be the technical issues you're quoting, or otherwise we'd be having problems elsewhere. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my cache, changed my dns etc, I've even changed my physical/technical setup to check if what you're saying is true, and it's still not working. This really needs to get sorted, it's not acceptable for paying subscribers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I have found out is it seems to be something to do with wired/wireless connection.
My Xbox was wired connection to the internet, I connected to the internet wirelessly and now I do not get the error code 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates on this issue, I have same problem except it will let me watch half a film then go off showing error.code 3 I cam sometimes come out and go back to the film and continue watching, other times it will freeze and stay like that all day, really frustrating now!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hello! 

Ive had a chat with the tech teams and this is what they've said about Error 3-

It means that TV connected to the console is not HDCP compliant or the console lost the secure connection over HDMI.

If that happens mid-stream, it is probably because the TV was switched off and the console lost the secure connection.

Other reasons can be caused by AV receivers, soundbars etc. that sit between the console and the TV.”

Hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any possibility of an update on this before the walking dead runs out of time for me to watch it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one x. Ethernet connection to a sky internet fiber sub. HDMI 2 connection to an LG 60UH850. 4K and HDR turned on.