cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 3

I have downloaded the NOW-Tv app and ever since I have downloaded it, I seem to be getting an error code three. I do not have the box, I have the app. On Xbox one. I have reinstalled the app several times, rebooted both Xbox and router, changed DNS and IP settings to the gateway an agent told me (which just gave me an error code 4)

I have contacted NOWTV about it, but it has been a week and I still have no answer or any form of contact from them after talking with them on live-chat.

Any help would be thankful.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like it's a problem with the Xbox app itself. I've been using Now TV on a LG OLED TV for a few days now and it works perfectly. Same with a PS4 Pro. Works great. Xbox app will open but whenever I try to pay anything I get this message:

Something’s not right.
Give it a moment, or check newt.com/status for updates.

Error code: 3

So I'm wondering if it's a prolem with Microsoft/Xbox/their code...
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have downloaded the NOW-Tv app and ever since I have downloaded it, I seem to be getting an error code three. I do not have the box, I have the app. On Xbox one. I have reinstalled the app several times, rebooted both Xbox and router, changed DNS and IP settings to the gateway an agent told me (which just gave me an error code 4)

I have contacted NOWTV about it, but it has been a week and I still have no answer or any form of contact from them after talking with them on live-chat.

Any help would be thankful.

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm not a member of NowTV staff, but I might be able to offer some help 

The first thing to do is eliminate DNS as a problem. To do this change your DNS settings on your Xbox one to Google U.K.'s DNS servers. These will definitely work with NowTV change your DNS settings to following:

Are your language and location setting on Xbox one, all set to  English United Kingdom/United Kingdom? If they're not the app may think you're located elsewhere, which could explain the error message you're getting 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy and do post again if you continue to have problems

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey,

Thanks for that, changing DNS settings did not work unfortunately,

Location / Language is set to UK yeah. Although coming to it today, it has
started playing the adverts. Just as it is about to go in to the movie or
TV show, the error code 3 comes up again.

Any more ideas would be welcome.

Many Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem myself.

All of a sudden NOW TV just shows Error Code 3 for everything.

I ended up factory resetting the Xbox to get it working a few days ago and I couldn't recommend that as a 'quick' solution. Especially as it just started showing the error agian today 😞

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults