cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant spinning circles on PS4

Before I start: I've tried deleting the Now TV app, re-installing it and re-indexing the PS4 in safe mode.

When I select certain programmes, I just get constant spinning Now TV circles in the middle of the screen. It doesn't end until I kill the app.

4 REPLIES 4

I've been having the same/similar issue on the PS4 app with any TV shows on my watchlist. The loading icon appears but the loading screen seems to be infinite and never actually ends. If I search for a TV show through the search function it plays with no issues whatsoever, so I'm not sure what's going on with the watchlist.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We get this constantly too - whenever we try to watch a movie this happens every 5-10 mins, to the point where it's barely watchable.

I've tried all the usual suggestions, but nothing has helped. The problem is that the connection speed is way above the minimum requirements, and no other streaming app has any issues. This problem has got slightly worse and slightly better over time, but every time I look into it, it's clearly a widespread issue that isn't being properly acknowledged. As much as I love the selection of movies that pop up, I do constantly question why I keep the service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could this be an "Andy" thing Andy281 ? 😁

I feel your pain because we have exactly the same issues - Netflix almost never freezes or stops, BBC iPlayer does occasionally; NowTV stops every 5/10 minutes.

The PS4 is connected using a wired connection via Powerline plugs and while our BB speeds aren't stratospheric by city standards we get between 40/50 MB/s download - which is fine for everything else via the PS4 and everything on the Amazon Firestick.

I've tried sideloading the Now app onto the Firestick, but I can't find a version which is compatible with our (only 3 years old !) TV. I don't want to throw good money after bad, but I'm wondering if a NowTV box with a wired connection may be the answer.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto, have you found a cure?