cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot sign in on ps3 app (2001) error

Hi, I have just signed up for the trial on my laptop, I have downloaded the ps3 app and when signing in it says my details are incorrect. (2001)

I have tried my username and email address in the username box.

Now do I need Sky to use this? if so then that is why it is not working. could someone clarify.

Thanks 

169 REPLIES 169
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Birgit,

Yes, iPhone app says 'Sorry your sign in details are not recognised', when the same details work on your website.

Yes, Error code is PS3 where I watch Now TV.

As for passing to your tech team, I got that message yesterday after contacting you guys via your contact us email service, and have heard nothing.

See below (my personal info has been blanked out for obvious reasons):

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 24 April 2015 09:56:04 BST
To: NOW TV Help <help@nowtv.com>
Subject: Re: NOW TV Help - Case ID: 00814353 (ref:00DGBmYO.500Ggn9GL:ref)

Can someone sort this please!

This is a joke. Give a number to call, or call me now!

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Apr 2015, at 03:29, XXXXXXXX wrote:

Note that when signing in on the ps3 app, it says my details are incorrect and gives the error code (2001).

Same details work on the website.

Please sort this ASAP.

XXXXXXXX

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Apr 2015, at 20:44, NOW TV Help <help@nowtv.com> wrote:

Hi XXXXXXXX,

Ref: 00814353

I'm forwarding the details to our technical team who'll check details and help the team will contact you via email.

Be assured the team will do their best to help you with this.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 00814353.

Thanks,
The NOW TV Team
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Birgit, if you read my previous post before the last one, you will see that it started yesterday.

I have had no updates on my PS3, just the latest iPhone 6 iOS update.

Latest version of both.

The error is as it says in the title of this post. Error (2001). Don't you know what that is?

When my password is still working on your website pages, why would changing the password make a difference?

You are really testing my patience, making me send a million massages.

FIX THIS!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As I understood, the error 2001 comes up on your PS3, not iPhone. 

Once again, resetting password is one of the basic troubleshooting steps that need to be performed. 

I'll pass it on to our tech team to get this looked into. As soon as they have an update, I will send you an email.

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That has nothing to do with it. The Now TV app on my iPhone 6 plus is not signing in either. And yes, I have deleted & reinstalled on the iPhone 6 plus as well. Just website is signing in with the same details. Can you stop making up silly excuses and contact me directly with a number to call to sort this. This is ridiculous! I'm paying for something that doesn't work, with no one to call. Sort this now or give me my money back immediately! In not joking. Or fix this & add a months free entertainment pass for the inconvenience. No more stupid troubleshooting tips. I'm sick of it!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but these are the basic troubleshooting steps that need to be performed in order to get this issue sorted.

Not sure what excuses we have given, but we're digital customer service only and we are contactable via Live Chat, webform, Help forum or Facebook/Twitter. 

In regards to the sign in error, as I understood you are able to sign in via phones browser, however on your Playstation 3 and iPhone app it doesn't. Have you reset the password by any chance? You can change it back later on if needed.

Can you tell us when did the issue started? Have you had any software updates? Can you tell me which NOW TV version do you have on your iPhone and PS3? Can you tell us what exact error do you get when signing in to your iPhone app?

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my registration is completed and I have been using NowTV for months now.

I haven't been able to sign in for the last 3 days.
Will be cancelling my account soon if stuff like this keeps happening.

If you could fix it that would be great.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User have you tried deleting the "Game" data for the NOW TV app? It's possible that it's been corrupted and deleting normally fixes these sorts of things.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this problem all of a sudden, in the middle of my one month subscription. It was working fine yesterday, then it stopped. I left and came back in, then this started. I have sent an email, please sort this out, I'm paying for nothing. I expect one months subscription free once this is resolved.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem the username and password I use for my tablet won't work on the PS3?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

It's Richard from NOW TV here, I understand you're having problems logging in on the PS3 app, sorry to hear this and I'll do my best to help get your issue resolved.

Please check that you are entering your Username & Password correctly as they are case sensitive.

Also ensure you're using the same username that's registered to your NOW TV account as this will be the account that's tied to your active subscription. 

If the issue persists following this, please ensure that you have not reached your registered device limit.

To check this, log into your account page at NOW TV.com via PC/Mac.

Hope this advice proves helpful.

Regards,

Richard

NOW TV Team