cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Buffering Issue

@Halifax81 if you've got your DNS settings or anything changed in order to watch the American version of Netflix, this can have a huge impact on the quality of stream you get from NOW TV.

You'll need to completely disable any such setup and try using NOW TV again.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Dead on the service is ###### and the buffering didn't stop, useless,
hopeless and down helpless. Delete disable your other streaming sites???
Suck the back of them sky
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Tom-R I don't use a DNS service for another country if I'm using NowTV so I know that not playing a part in the shoddy service over the last 3 days now, every other streaming site is spot on and working fine but NowTV has been hopeless it was fine on Monday & Tuesday but unwatachable since then

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Halifax81 Virgin as your ISP? NowTV are aware of issues for Virgin Media users causing buffering and lower quality streams. For the latest information please subscribe to this post.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Highlighted
Scholar

@artesea thank you that explains the service (or lack of) that I'm currently suffering with, I've subscribed to that thread now

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Virgin ISP issue seems to be sorted now, I'm 6 mins into a show which was buffering every 5 seconds yesterday 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am trying to watch the Murray tennis match against Nadal and the quality of this is driving me MAD! 

The sound is coming before the pictures and then everything freezes.  Terrible!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HelenPiper3

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry for the issues you experienced when trying to view the tennis. 

Can you please let us know if you still experience this issue? 

If so are you able to try on a different device? 

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

This is a email i have just sent to Nowtv so i will be impressed if i get a response as the live chat was a complete useless experiece.

I have 4 ps3 systems and the buffering problem is on all 4. i have unistalled the app on each system and it is still the same. i have only managed to watch 2 movies as it is so bad (started free trial 5 days ago).
it took me just over 2 hours to watch a 1hr 31 minute movie not good.
i am also running 64 meg fibre optic so speed is not a issue.
2 of the ps3 systems are running on wifi and the other 2 are hard wired.(bear in mind when i use nowtv i am only running 1 device on my network so it is not like i am overloading the system)
also i have a account with netflix and amazon prime and i never ever have a problem with these 2. and i have been with them for over 6 months.
i tried contacting live chat but they were so unhelpful it is unreal (persons name was thelma) if things do not improve with now tv then i am sorry to say but when the 30 day trial finishes i will not be staying with a company that has such major buffering issues.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

My £6.99 was completely wasted - the picture kept freezing, the commentary
was a minute ahead of the pictures when the picture was actually live. I
will never pay for this bad service again. It was really frustrating.

Helen Piper

0 Thanks