cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering Issue

the 1st time using this service & all I keep getting is screen freeze every minute or so, it's so frustrating... I have the latest "SUPER HUB" from virgin media, so what the heck is causing this, surely it's something at your end (now tv) and if it is like this on every film, then I dont think I will be subscribing to this service, besides, I never had this problem at all with Netflix????

Please give me some advice, and not the "click here" for advice, and when clicking on it, the message "ERROR" not very promising at all on the 1st viewing....

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

Hi Thomasceltic,

Thanks for your post, 

Could you try perhaps playing other movies? If you are still experiencing the same problem it sounds like an connectivity issue. Firstly it's recommended that you restart your router as this can fix a lot of connectivity issues. 

Using a wireless connection can affect your viewing experience. Using an Ethernet cable to connect your device straight to your router should remove this as a factor.

We also recommend that you have at least a 2.5 mb/s download speed when watching a NOW TV movie so you can get the most from our service.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue but if not please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us. 

Thanks again, 

Joshua

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: movie won't play

Hi MartyMc,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues.

So that I can more effectively help, can you answer a few questions and check a few things?

First of all, we always recommend that you have at least a 2.5 mb/s download speed when watching a NOW TV movie so you can get the most from our service. It is also advised that you avoid using a wireless connection where possible as this can cause problems when streaming large segments of data.

Could you also try some other movies on NOW TV so we can determine if this issue is local to one movie. After that, please reset your router and try another web browser supported by NOW TV to see if this helps.

Please let us know how you get on.

Aaron

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
306 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar

stutter in playback

hi there .been using the service today on xbox and found that playback stutters every 20-30 seconds.anyone else have this prob.also volume is really low!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: stutter in playback

Hi paulcos1974,

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV.

The issue that you have encountered with the playback and volume could be due to a poor internet connection, have you tried doing a speed test? We recommend a minimum connection speed of 2.5Mbps. Also it maybe worth connecting your Xbox 360 to your modem/router with an Ethernet cable if not already.

Hope the above resolves your issue and please continue to share your experiences whist using NOW TV.

Thanks,

Ron 

NOW TV Team.

Highlighted
Scholar

My xbox is connected using a cable,and i have 30mb broadband so they are not the problem.Also watching tonight and lipsink was out as well.Thank for the reply.

Highlighted
Advocate

Yup, lipsync is getting beyond a joke to be honest. Every movie is out of sync, and the films all stutter at some point, 20-40 second intervals, which in turn seems to put the lipsync even worse sometimes. And my connection is more than capable of running HD content. This is a problem that is a deal breaker for me.

Highlighted
Advocate

Xbox 360 App - Sound out of Sync in Films.

I am currently having problems with the playback on the Xbox 360, the sound track is always out of sync with the film.

I have a fast connection (over 40 meg), and I don't get this problem on the iPad app using the same connection. Also the Lovefilm and Netflix apps work fine on the Xbox.

Any one having similar issues?

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Xbox 360 App - Sound out of Sync in Films.

Hi DICKYTRISCO,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I've sent you over a private message regarding it, if you could access your inbox and get back to me that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Asim

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi paulcos1974 and XeroGravitas,

I've sent you both a private message regarding this lip sync issue. If you could access your inbox and then get back to me, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Asim

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Oxbow 360 App - Sound out of Sync in Films.

Yep. I get exactly the same problem on my Xbox 360.

However, When I run Netflix or Love film apps, I don't get an sync issues.. I have 30mb broadband connection. So its not a buffering issue, as far as I can tell?

The audio clarify is a better than love film. But, the audio out of sync issues has become very irritating on when viewing a NOWTV  film on the Xbox.

In all, Netflix provides a better Audio and Video experience.  Anyway, I'll give Now TV a go and keep the subscription, if they can fix the problem and provide more content

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Xbox 360 App - Sound out of Sync in Films.

Hi clarnick,

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the feedback.

I've also sent you over a private message to get some more information regarding the issue. If you could check your inbox and get back to me that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Asim

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks