cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DcAndMarvelFan
Observer

Re: Buffering Issue

NowTv. You seem to be missing the point, most people like myself here have fine BB speeds with no problems. Eg. As a test I loaded Netflix and Amazon Prime on two separate devices and NowTv on my ps4. Netflix and Amazon worked fine with no buffering issues, NowTv struggled so I tried another way. All wifi enabled devices in the house OFF apart from the ps4 to play NowTv, and it STILL buffers movies every few minutes or seconds. At first I thought it was just the ps4 app that was faulty, nope I tried it on my mobile, my iPad and partners Xbox 360. All had the same problems and turning my router on and off didn't fix anything either. Considering you are charging up to £3 more than other VOD services you would expect this app to be challenging the competition and not failing so often. I'm going to give it another month and if I'm still having the same problems then I will be looking to cancel.
0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @DcAndMarvelFan

I'll send you an email shortly.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Fredkcox

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

I have virgin media wifi 100mbs just joined now TV and shocked by the lousy quality of picture and constant buffering
Netflix is perfect unless there is a cure will have to leave this service please advise.
0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

Hi @Fredkcox

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

In order for us to look into this further please can you let us know what devices you experience this issue on? 

Are you also able to let us know what you are trying to watch when this occurs? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Fredkcox

Casting from iPhone and iPad via app
To chrome cast then Samsung smart tv my broadband is 100mb Netflix was perfect

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Thanks @Fredkcox

Can you tell us what are you trying to watch? Does it happen with multiple shows?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Daniel1
Advocate

I am trying to watch a football game on Sky Sports using the Now Tv app on Xbox One. I have a fibre optic broadband and when the app crashes my connection is still over 30mb/s when conducting a test on my pc.

It's obviously an issue with the app/now tv service. Please fix it. The app used to work perfectly until a few months ago.

It used to be a really good service but now it is just way too frustrating.
0 Thanks
neotide
Advocate

Having issues with this tonight for the first time. 

I have the NowTv box and have tried watching a movie using Internet Explorer on a laptop and I'm getting buffering issues on both. While watching BBC iplayer I have no problem.  Internet speed is not an issue - currenlty getting over 50 Mbps.

The problem is NowTv.

0 Thanks
Annac1
Advocate

Getting mad trying to watch mad men for the third night in a row and its buffering constantly 😞 

0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Daniel1 @Annac1 @neotide

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry that you had some buffering issues, we were aware of this and resolved it as quickly as we could. Thank you for your patience whilst this was being rectified. If you still have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your co-operation.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks