cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Char-A
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Buffering Issue

@Anonymous User sorry about your experience and we'd like to help you with this.

I have sent you a message in your inbox so we can take some account details and help with this.

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got a one day pass from Carling. Waited to use it so I can watch QPR tonight. Managed to watch 45 seconds before it froze up and told me NOWTV unavailable at this time. 

How do I get a new day pass to use at some other time????

COmpletely ruined boxing day evening

Streaming through XBOX360 with Sky unlimited broadband, good speeds, no connnection issues. 

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

davekayjohnson get in the queue mate lol, it's wasted my day aswell.. Terrible service, awaiting response by email now as i was told to use their livechat option which i can't find... could be me that not being able to find it 🙂

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

@Anonymous User sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulties, apologies for all the inconvenience. Could you please come onto our Live Chat service? We will need to ask you some security questions in order to look into this for you and see what we can do. You can find our live chat service here, select the relevant options from the drop down menus and you'll come through to speak to us.

@Anonymous User Apologies you've been experiencing difficulties getting onto live chat. As you've sent us an email we will be looking into this for you, or if you prefer you could come onto our live chat service here and choose from the drop down menus to come through to us.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
SayMyName
Mentor

Wanted to post details of my experience, as the buffering issue was resolved really quickly in my case (sorry if I'm repeating anything here, as I haven't read through the whole thread).

I bought the Now TV box a month ago and signed up to the free trial of Sky Movies, which has played for nearly a month without issue.  Yesterday, I added the Entertainment Pass, and straight away both Sky Movies and the Entertainment channels were buffering constantly; if it did play then the picture was crap, really pixelated.

I started a live chat this evening, and after ruling out other devices and broadband speed as the potential cause (we average around 4 to 4.5mbps and had already tried turning off all other devices), we were told to press the reset button on the back of the Now TV box (he also asked to reset the router at the same time, but I didn't do this, as I was sure the probem wasn't with the router).  A pen doesn't work to reset the Now TV box, you need a pin or similar and make sure the light at the front of the box flashes to show the reset has been activated.  You then enter your wifi password, once connected enter your Now TV username and password, then there's a system update.  Once that completed, I tried loading a programme and it worked great (and still is - currently watching Zero Dark Thirty, hasn't buffered once and the picture quality is 100x better than last night).

My problems only started when I signed up to the Entertainment Pass, and it looks like a system update for the Now TV box was all that was needed to fix it.  Hope this helps someone else suffering the same issues :smileyhappy: 

0 Thanks
fonz
Scholar

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

Now Tv wireless does not work !!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

hi i  had all these problems tonight last night all worked fine picture and sound speed etc all exellent broadband speed 4.6 meg, but tonight now tv box just sat buffering, tried switching off and on then reset router now tv worked on laptop fine all fine on tablet switched all other devices off no help little box was just giving 30 seconds and then five minutes of spinning. about to try a pin reset as it was just sat there spinning away and as i picked the box up the hdmi  cable moved slightly the spinning symbol stopped and the picture restarted so for others just try giving the cables a wiggle it fixed it for me. been fine for an hour.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: stutter in playback

I sm getting loading/buffering every 30 odd seconds on ps3
0 Thanks
Aaron-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi druriley,

Thanks for getting in contact.

We recently had a new update for the PS3, Can you make sure that you uninstall the app, delete all NOW TV related date for the "GAMEDATA" folder on your PS3 and the reinstall and update the NOW TV app.

Let us know if that helps,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I deleted the app reinstalled again and its still the same. My sky hub is
no more than 10 feet from the ps3. The picture is far from great and it
buffers every 15 seconds for 3/4 seconds at a time

0 Thanks