cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Background screen is grey when watching movies

The background screen colour, when in the Nowtv app is actually an unpleasant grey, rather than black.

What this means is that when watching movies I have the film itself in letterbox mode (thin wide screen with black bars which I'm used to) but beyond the black bars I now have the remainer of my screen in a horrible grey, as though I'm watching a film within black and grey stripes. It is very distracting and constantly draws your eyes to the grey and actually creates eyestrain after a while. When in any of the nowtv menu screens the grey top and bottom bar is also present. I've never experienced this on the PS3 before with any other app, my screen is always black.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Am I missing a very simple fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i too am having this trouble is very annoying indeed also how do you adjust the screen? also just did as above r,e reistalling and it hasnt worked

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

i too am having this trouble is very annoying indeed also how do you adjust the screen? also just did as above r,e reistalling and it hasnt worked

@Anonymous User

I haven't used a PS3 for a few years, but somewhere in the PlayStation video setting there is an option for RGB Full or RGB Limited (Think that's how it was worded might be wrong though its been a long time).

Try swapping between the two settings to see if there is any improvement with the black levels on your TV screen.

Worth a shoot for the sake of 5 minutes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

What device are you trying to view on?

Is it happening on all content?

I look forward to your reply

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having some issues.

Have you tried deleting the NOW TV App, Removing the data files for NOW TV and then reinstalling ?

Also might be worthwhile removing your scart/hdmi lead and replacing it just to reestablish the connection.

Thanks

Andy