cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Parental controls blocking Now tv app

I have discovered that having BT broadband parental controls switched on prevents the NOW TV app from working on my xbox one and PC. Does anyone know how to allow the NOW TV app? Any Urls that I need to allow etc. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. We had the same problem today, purchased Sky Sports pass but couldn't watch via Xbox One or any other device. Had live chat with Now TV who couldn't resolve, then read your post. Turned off Parental Controls on BT, then found could watch via Xbox and iPad. Turned Parental Controls back on whilst watching Sky on Now TV, did not kick me out. However, when closed the Now TV app on XBox then re-opened, it would not allow me to watch Sky Sports without again turning Parental Controls off on BT......I might contact BT to see if there's a longer term solution when I can muster the energy!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi DR13

Please do complain to BT. I was told they couldn't speak to Now TV for me as no one has ever logged this before. Apparently I was the first one which I found hard to believe. It took a while to persuade BT that I wanted a solution which allowed me to keep the parental controls on. Anyway, they couldn't find one, but after much trial and error and resetting I found the answer for myself. If you choose custom parental controls on your BT hub you can choose what to block or unblock using a check box. If you block everything apart from the option for file sharing websites, by that I mean check all boxes apart from that one, it should allow you to use the now tv app. It will also keep nearly all parental controls on so kids are safe ish to search. It worked for my set up anyway.which is BT infinity and using the now tv app on xbox or pc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi DR13

Please do complain to BT. I was told they couldn't speak to Now TV for me as no one has ever logged this before. Apparently I was the first one which I found hard to believe. It took a while to persuade BT that I wanted a solution which allowed me to keep the parental controls on. Anyway, they couldn't find one, but after much trial and error and resetting I found the answer for myself. If you choose custom parental controls on your BT hub you can choose what to block or unblock using a check box. If you block everything apart from the option for file sharing websites, by that I mean check all boxes apart from that one, it should allow you to use the now tv app. It will also keep nearly all parental controls on so kids are safe ish to search. It worked for my set up anyway.which is BT infinity and using the now tv app on xbox or pc.