cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crash, error CE-34878-0

Experiencing multiple crashes tonight while watching Sky Sports News with (generic PS4 error) code CE-34878-0. Throws me back to PS4 dashboard and I have to relaunch the app.

Crashes ranging from after a few seconds of streaming to after about 20 minutes. Incredibly frustrating having paid for a week of this.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

For further updates, please make sure you subscribe to this topic here.

Thank you for your patience and very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same problem now in September now tc app crashes and sometimes it freezes the ps4 other times it goes to report the problem. And it's only on sky sports no other channels. My ps4 is only 4 weeks old.ive done all updates everything. So what's going on. Don't pay good money for nothing
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried any advice on this thread?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been getting this crash since I started using NowTV. I have tried everything even going as far as punching the crap out of my PS4 in a rage ( If in doubt give it a clout) but still no luck. I get that this is available on other devices but I don't fancy watching it on a 7 inch mobile screen and I can't use this on my PC because it does not work on Google Chrome that and the fact my PC is upstairs anyway so it's useless.

From what I have seen this has been going on far too long and with no resolve so I'm now going to cancle my subscription and move back to Netflix, I cannot and will not support a movie app that does not work sorry guys. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really sorry to hear that @Anonymous User, have you tried the steps mentioned previously?

Also while we're not available on Chrome due to its compatibility with Silverlight. You can watch NOW TV through Firefox, and if you're on Windows 8.1 or above, you can skip browsers entirely and just use the NOW TV App which you can download from the Windows Store.

We also have a load of other devices which you can use to watch NOW TV on your TV, click here for a list.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan

Having the same issues as above and have been for the past month.

Have tried all the steps above short of factory resetting my PS4. However as this isn't an isolated incident, maybe it's the app rather than the system software that's causing this.

Any update from the tech team would be great. As at this rate I won't have NowTV for much longer.

Kind regards

Sam

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issues - did it get solved?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same solution that keeps getting pointed out is really not good enough. It's not a solution and is not helping. Can we please have an actual solution otherwise you will have a lot of cancellations on your hands.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As mentioned by @Anonymous User this is an error that we're looking into and will be sure to update people when we hear more.

In the mean time, while we look into this, did you know that we're available on over 60 devices? A full list can be found here.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any fix for this yet? It's been happening for well over a week for me and I pay a lot of money to use nowtv that I can't use because it crashes 5 minutes in to anything! Doesn't happen on any other app! Starting to get really annoyed!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have raised this again with our development team, as soon as I have any update I will let you all know.

However the advice at the moment is as per my last post and to carry out the steps in safe mode.

Thanks

Andy