cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyFett
Scholar 2

Re: 1080P update

Is it possible that the Samsung TV is somehow upscaling the image, using its own Samsung software? Does it say anything about that in the manual? 

My new Sony 4k HDR TV does not - PS4 Now TV app outputs at 720P and 4865 stream quality. 

Tolmie35
Scholar

Hi there, its still running at same resolution and same bit rate on samsung.

MikeyFett
Scholar 2

Well, I just watched the movie 'Blue Iguana' and the picture looked almost 1080P to me. Most confusing... 🤔 

0 Thanks
Champcar59
Scholar 3

Not even sure why in 2019 that Sky would say there would be any kind of issue broadcasting NowTv in 1080p.The competition have been doing it for some time and as Sky have always been leaders in the field of broadcasting in the UK it is simply laziness on there part.Netflix And Amazon only recommend 5mbps internet speed for 1080p and as most internet subscribers even BT will be getting an average speed of 6 to 9 mbps again laziness springs to mind.

cheers

0 Thanks
Fellapb
Mentor

Hi

Is the quality of picture better from the now TV box. Rather than using the built in app on the TV.

I have samsSam TV although picture ok quality of picture is max of 4865

0 Thanks
howardfh1
Scholar 2

It's bizarre that Youtube have tons of free videos you can watch in 4k, yet a paid-for service still only offers 720. Sky/Now are being left behind....

Champcar59
Scholar 3

@howardfh1 wrote:

It's bizarre that Youtube have tons of free videos you can watch in 4k, yet a paid-for service still only offers 720. Sky/Now are being left behind....

Almost right Sky with dish has 1080p , UHD & 4K - Now Tv are the guilty party they are letting down there customers.

cheers

crashcris
Mentor

Ok, so are we all now agreed that NOTHING has improved or upped the quality from 720 and there is still no indication of when that or 5.1 sound WILL ever be delivered?

Seriously NowTV, These questions have been being asked for a good couple of years now and your service is looking 3rd rate at this stage. I've just cancelled my subscription, will keep looking in to find out any news and will consider rejoining when the service improves.

Fellapb
Mentor

I watched the latest episode of GOT on now tv last night it was ok but had to turn off as it was just to dark to watch.

I ended watching it today on a friends TV that had sky in 1080p and I could see it fine.

Something look ok, Billions looks good but its Not 1080p

It should be 1080p and I thought it would be now, I use the built in app on Samsung. 

Is the now TV 4k box worth buying is the quality better.

0 Thanks
Tolmie35
Scholar

Doesnt matter what box or app you use, all the same rubbish 720 and poor frame rate.