cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Advocate 1

Re: 1080P update

@robert1997 @Tolmie35 

Just stumbled across this post on the BT forum re Now TV. Seems to me that customer testing might begin in July hopefully on our end without need for YouView boxes (wishful thinking I know!).

Fingers crossed some official word comes out soon, the new football season is not far away and still no updates from either BT or Sky!

Message 16 of 16
Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Spoke to BT TV sales team today, looks like we will be informed next steps in July with the service hopefully starting in the first week of August this year.

UKTVPlayapp
Regular 1

Fingers crossed its true hopefully we will hear something from Sky or Bt very soon.
robert1997
Scholar 5

They aren't leaving much time for testing and the various updates that usually follow in the testing environment to sort out bugs etc.

gavs82008
Advocate 1

An article has just surfaced for customers in Ireland.
https://www.balls.ie/other/sky-sports-distribution-deal-413148

In short Sky, BT and Premier Sports will be bundled together as one pack called Sports Extra. Prices yet to be confirmed.
Wonder if this goes for Now TV and to get Premier sports on Now TV would also be handy for the La Liga and some Scottish games.
0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Regular 1

Looks at those July 22nd 2019 is the launch date for BT Sports to appear on now tv boxes. If you go into google and type in new freeview channels forthcoming and click on forthcoming changes and it there.
robert1997
Scholar 5

@gavs82008 

I'd be surprised if Premier Sports did a similar deal with Sky in the UK. The main reason Sky have taken up the Irish deal is due to Premier having the 3pm kick offs on a Saturday afternoon in the EPL, where of course no such scenario (3pm Saturday KOs) can happen on UK screens, therefore Premier would not be as tempting a proposition to Sky in the UK market.

That article you link to is an incredible piece of misinformation, eg. Moreover, the move also means the company will secure rights for the Champions League and the Europa League, as BT Sport currently hold both. Sky won't be 'securing rights' to the UCL/UEL, they are going to be selling BT Sport channels, BT of course still hold the rights to those tournaments, not Sky 😆

izabfixit4u
Contributor 1

Sounds good to me. Appreciate all who let me know about this. Feels good to be part of the NOWTV Community. Just need to fix my reconnection issues which the technical checks seem to be more than oblivious to including the fact that the show me having one of the new Style Hubs. I only have the square chubby one. I do have a SKY hub which I imagine is exactly the same. Would I be able to use this for my NowTV Broadband Services contract account do you think. Taking into consideration that I have an icle bit of an online dispute waiting to be resolved with Sky. Any and all advice would be appreciated And welcome. X Helgy [email removed]/account
0 Thanks
Fellapb
Contributor 1

Sky who of course is the same company as Now TV has been promising 1080p since 2018 and I thought I would get it for Christmas for movies but no. 

The chance we will get it now is slim as I woukd of thought it would be 1080p. 

They are pushing the football sports package which is still quite a lot of money, now tv should be on amazon available also on amazon firestick like bbc, itv ch5, netflix 

0 Thanks
RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

@Fellapb 

It’s not possible that Amazon would think NowTV a bit too close a rival to Amazon Prime Video?

But I’m sure that if there was a deal to put NowTV on there, it would have to be reciprocal, and Amazon would appear on the Sticks, etc.

If you want both right on one device now, though, then the Roku devices fill the bill here.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Fellapb
Contributor 1

I think your right, they do see them as a rival, but I think all these services need to start thinking of there customers a bit more. 

With the influx of new services like apple and Disney approaching fast sky could be left behind.

We need one box that does it all or several boxes depending on which service you had first to be able to run other apps 

0 Thanks