cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyFett
Scholar 2

Re: 1080P update

@Jasefox

Very interesting that you should say that. The other day I watched the new movie 'Leave No Trace' and was slightly surprised that the image quality seemed better than normal. I'll watch a few more movies though, before I allow myself to celebrate.

Fingers crossed...

Jasefox
Scholar

Yes I was also thinking the same thing that it may have something to do with the price increase 🤔 I haven't got an 'info' segment on my device (not like with Netflix) this is based on my own experience as a home cinema enthusiast 😁 I also watched the same couple of films on Netflix and NowTv and if I didn't know better I wouldn't be able to choose which was which 😯 it was that close!! Was just nice too see Now Tv on such better quality 😁

0 Thanks
Jasefox
Scholar

Out of interest is that movie 'leave no trace' any good??

0 Thanks
MikeyFett
Scholar 2

@Jasefox

Yes, it is a good film. Mark Kermode (BBC Film Review) raves about it and said it should have won the Best Picture Oscar - it wasn't nominated though. 

Quite a slow pace to it but a memorable film. Personal rating = 4 stars out of 5.

👍

gavs82008
Expert 2

Currently watching Aliens: special edition and I have to say the picture is better than usual, definitely noticeable on a 55inch 4K Tv! 

Watched Criminal Minds where the stream quality was at 3100 and Aliens is at 4865.

So definitely a difference 

MikeyFett
Scholar 2

Hmmm, interesting. I just watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and it looked like the usual 720P to me. And I had such high hopes... 🤔 

gavs82008
Expert 2

That being said I was watching Now TV through the Samsung app on the TV and not through a Now Tv device.

Doubt that would make any difference though.

0 Thanks
MikeyFett
Scholar 2

@gavs82008

Unless the Samsung is upscaling the image with its in-built software, maybe?

Forgot to say that Aliens SE is one of my all time favourites - those Sentry Units are awesome. Never understood why those scenes were cut from the 'standard' release.

Jasefox
Scholar

It's definately in 1080p now guys, just as i thought 😊 put Transformers The last night and it was the same quality more or less as the bluray, also had it confirmed on another forum that it went 1080p when the price went up, that aside i can clearly see that it's 1080p!! I put Now Tv through my smart Tv app and it did look softer, so probably need a Now Tv stand alone device. 

0 Thanks
Jasefox
Scholar

@MikeyFett wrote:

Hmmm, interesting. I just watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and it looked like the usual 720P to me. And I had such high hopes... 🤔 

Hi, I have Fallen Kingdom on as I text and it looks amazing, defo 1080p!! Sharp, detailed, lovely deep colours 😊 ( watching through NowTv latest box)

0 Thanks