cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

1080P update

I have seen a few posts wanting to know when the Now TV output will be upgraded from 720P to 1080P, so I contacted Now TV support today to get an update.

They confirmed that this is definitely being 'worked on' but they could not confirm when or if it will be available. They also could not confirm that it will arrive in 2019.

It sounds like it is not a quick & easy thing to do, otherwise we would have it already. 

My personal view is that we will get it eventually as there will be a strong commercial reason for it, because competitors are commonly providing 1080P or even 4K output now.

Hope that helps some of you. 

86 REPLIES 86
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I watched the latest episode of GOT on now tv last night it was ok but had to turn off as it was just to dark to watch.

I ended watching it today on a friends TV that had sky in 1080p and I could see it fine.

Something look ok, Billions looks good but its Not 1080p

It should be 1080p and I thought it would be now, I use the built in app on Samsung. 

Is the now TV 4k box worth buying is the quality better.

The Now Tv 4K Box has NO bearing on anything shown on Now Tv it is only useful for Netflix and BBC iPlayer. Another misrepresentation by Now Tv for anyone not doing there homework before buying one.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/now-tv/147996-now-tv-plus-1080p-streaming-service-launching

Link confirms that trials are going ahead for 1080p on Now TV. Although and unsurprisingly there is no release date when it is coming out, apart from "later" this year. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

As per the link Full HD streaming option so more than likely a chargeable addon. Let's hope it's 50fps otherwise it will be a waste of time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If they start charging for full HD it’s Ta Ta to Now Tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well Sky have for years been charging extra for HD channels, so no surprise if they do on Now TV also when this update happens - I’m curious if they might also give an option to watch sports in 50 FPS if you pay another few quid extra for something marketed cleverly as UltraSmoothMotion or something like that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is all an absolute joke. 

Last year the official line was "by the end of this year (2018)"

It's clear that there is a chargeable upgrade, and that is subscribing to Sky proper.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if getting 1080p leads to a full Sky subscription they would need to supply more than 11 channels only way they will get customers to keep paying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive been on this forum for years telling people that if they ever did 1080p with framerate fixed then there would be a charge, Im amazed that people thought this wouldnt happen.

They do not want to hurt there sat business.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be naive to think they won't charge extra for an upgraded service.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Exactly, considering Sky charges £5 on top of the bill for HD on selected channels. 

From what I recall its only selected Freeview HD channels and the sports that comes as "free" as part of the pakcages. Not sure about the movie channels though. 

Either way, its long overdue to get 1080p on Now TV.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help