cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

1080P update

I have seen a few posts wanting to know when the Now TV output will be upgraded from 720P to 1080P, so I contacted Now TV support today to get an update.

They confirmed that this is definitely being 'worked on' but they could not confirm when or if it will be available. They also could not confirm that it will arrive in 2019.

It sounds like it is not a quick & easy thing to do, otherwise we would have it already. 

My personal view is that we will get it eventually as there will be a strong commercial reason for it, because competitors are commonly providing 1080P or even 4K output now.

Hope that helps some of you. 

86 REPLIES 86
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well they've certainly done something as the quality is very noticeable (to me anyway) I did some side by side comparisons to movies I have on bluray that's on Now Tv and they were very close in quality. Still not sure if it's Full 1080p?? Or they've upped the bitrate, but still there's an improvement either way, with which I'm very happy with 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Very interesting that you should say that. The other day I watched the new movie 'Leave No Trace' and was slightly surprised that the image quality seemed better than normal. I'll watch a few more movies though, before I allow myself to celebrate.

Fingers crossed...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of interest is that movie 'leave no trace' any good??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, it is a good film. Mark Kermode (BBC Film Review) raves about it and said it should have won the Best Picture Oscar - it wasn't nominated though. 

Quite a slow pace to it but a memorable film. Personal rating = 4 stars out of 5.

👍

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currently watching Aliens: special edition and I have to say the picture is better than usual, definitely noticeable on a 55inch 4K Tv! 

Watched Criminal Minds where the stream quality was at 3100 and Aliens is at 4865.

So definitely a difference 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Is the quality of picture better from the now TV box. Rather than using the built in app on the TV.

I have samsSam TV although picture ok quality of picture is max of 4865

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's bizarre that Youtube have tons of free videos you can watch in 4k, yet a paid-for service still only offers 720. Sky/Now are being left behind....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's bizarre that Youtube have tons of free videos you can watch in 4k, yet a paid-for service still only offers 720. Sky/Now are being left behind....

Almost right Sky with dish has 1080p , UHD & 4K - Now Tv are the guilty party they are letting down there customers.

cheers

crashcris
Scholar

Ok, so are we all now agreed that NOTHING has improved or upped the quality from 720 and there is still no indication of when that or 5.1 sound WILL ever be delivered?

Seriously NowTV, These questions have been being asked for a good couple of years now and your service is looking 3rd rate at this stage. I've just cancelled my subscription, will keep looking in to find out any news and will consider rejoining when the service improves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the latest episode of GOT on now tv last night it was ok but had to turn off as it was just to dark to watch.

I ended watching it today on a friends TV that had sky in 1080p and I could see it fine.

Something look ok, Billions looks good but its Not 1080p

It should be 1080p and I thought it would be now, I use the built in app on Samsung. 

Is the now TV 4k box worth buying is the quality better.