cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why arent now tv updating its movie selection

just wondering why now tv doesnt hardly add that many movies but seems to take a few away each week netflix and amazon are always adding  just seems you are paying for a service and not getting a lot for it compared to amazon where u can pay 5.99 for streaming and also they introduce new services to their streaming services

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

A new movie is added every day @Anonymous User. Indeed, todays new movie is Absolutely Fabulous.

For more information about upcoming movies, here's a link to the 'Movie blog': https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Movies/New-Movies-May-2017/ba-p/425195

EDIT: By the way. What's the make and model of the device you're using to access and play NOW TV content?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes i know there is a movie added everyday but most of the time they are pretty terrible and i think they could do with updating the whole catalogue 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally I'm quite happy with what's available. I think there's a good mix of old and new.

But each to their own... "you pays your money and you takes your choice..."

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's true what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another, though personally I do tend to agree with you that I'm less interested in watching the back-catalogue titles and more interested in the new releases. Each month there tends to be only 1 or 2 I'm really interested in seeing and then a load of films that either aren't my thing or look interesting but are pretty much 'straight to DVD' releases. The occasional world cinema film is interesting. 

Basically the Cinema Pass near enough mirrors what's available on Sky Movies, so if Sky don't have the rights to certain films we don't get them on NOW TV either.

If you're like me and don't get that much benefit from all the older movies then I'd recommend taking advantage of the 'no-contract' aspect and just grab a cinema pass for a month or two at a time (if you go for 2 months at a time you can pick up gift cards for 2 months for £15) and then cancel and leave it a few months while you watch Netflix or Amazon. Then when the number of new films you are interested in builds up you can subscibe again later in the year. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

A Brand new movie is added every friday to the movies package. The thing is with streaming services they all have their own exclusive titles i think you may agree that new movies on Sky Cinema don't be available on other services and if they are it is 8 or 9 months later where Sky Cinema gets most movies up to a year before any other service. Then it comes down to viewing rights and whether Sky Cinema can get them or not. However as the other guys have said "each to their own"

Cheers

Eddie