cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why aren't there any decent deals for existing customers?

My passes have all expired so I’ve tried to get the £55 movies for a year deal with Now tv. Not only have they refused to allow me to have the deal ( new customers only) they were also very keen to close my account! I’ve never had customer service quite like it before 🙂

i dont understand how how this business model works. Why would a company prefer a customer of  around three years to leave and goes to a rival service than offer them the same deal they would give a new customer?

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The £55 movies deal is for new customers but there is a £99 for 12 months movies and entertainment open to existing customers that might interest you

http://www.nowtv.com/home/existing

If not, quite a lot of places are offering discounts on NOW TV boxes with bundles of passes which save a small amount on the pass prices, or you can buy vouchers for NOW TV from Game (online and emailed immediately or in-store), PayPal Digital Gifts, Argos, Amazon, Currys, PC World and a few other places. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for the reply. 

Problem is I have a basic sky package so already covered for the entertainment. I just didn’t understand why they would prefer a customer who has been with them for years and who’s cinema pass had ended yesterday to close their account than to offer them the same deal they would offer a new customer. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's a shame. Might be worth seeing if any other offers crop up in the coming weeks eg Cyber Monday, Boxing Day, January etc. that suit better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes but I won’t be eligible for any of them as I’m not a new customer!

Im more annoyed as the live chat person told me yesterday I could have the deal today as my passes had all expired. It’s a very frustrating company to deal with!

cheers for your replies!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know from my years with Sky what it's like trying to negotiate new deals with them! You can just do the best you can!

So live chat have said you can have the deal today? If so, I appreciate its a faff but take them up on it if they're willing to give it to you, and if they do give you the deal post back as I'm sure others will be interested to know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not getting it!  

Yesterday the advisor told me when my pass expired last night I could have the deal today. Today I’ve been told I can’t have it and they’ve happily closed my account!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sorry I misunderstood. Can't understand why they want to deactivate the account.

Other than setting up a new account which some people on the forum suggest (altho I'm not keen on setting up new accounts every time there's an offer) the only thing I can suggest is to send the team a message via https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch expressing your dissatisfaction and seeing what response you get. 

I'll also tag a couple of the NOW TV Team to see if they respond on here @Anonymous User @Tony-D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers!

yes I’m not going to set up a new account as that seems a bit underhand. It isn’t the end of the world as there are other streaming services I can move to. I just quite liked Now tv’s content and interface. 

I was just a bit perplexed as yesterday the advisor was really nice about it and told me I could have the deal today. When I contacted them today I am told I can’t have the deal anymore!

Do you know whether I would be classed as a new customer if I tried to rejoin in a couple of years?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know whether I would be classed as a new customer if I tried to rejoin in a couple of years?

@Anonymous User Not 100% sure as they've recently changed from using Sky IDs to using their own system, with the Sky IDs they seemed to remember your email address associated with the Sky ID and if you tried to set up a new account with the same email address it would make you login with the old Sky ID instead. I think they also use payment card to determine new users, so a new account with different email address and payment card should work (or if you have someone else in the household an account in their name, email address and payment card).

Not trying to annoy you but if you do feel like trying live chat again later you never know, you're on 50-50 yes/no rate at the moment! I just know from my days with Sky you had to be persistent with them to get any good deals out of them, but I can understand if you lose the will to live! I did, which is why I left!

Anyway I'll not bother you any more but if you do get anywhere please do let us know as it will be useful for other users in similar situation.

PS they shouldn't have been able to close your account as such, if you wanted to just buy a pass on your account you should still be able to, what some people ask for is their payment card to be removed so you might just want to check your My Account > Payment Details page to see if it's still there.