cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why aren't there any deals for existing customers

Now tv seem to offer lots of attractive offers for new customers but what about the existing ones? why are we paying higher prices if the passes are non contract based. It doesnt make sense, if I cancel a pass, I should be able to take on a new offer/ deal, it shouldnt matter if i am signed up, the whole idea is i switch and swap as and when i feel like.. 

feeling shortchanged by nowtv,

-an unloved existing customer. 

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems I'm not the only long term customer that's not happy with being left to pay full wack!

Black Friday offer... 50% of for 12 months for 'New' customers. Not existing. Nothing for us paying full price for years!!

After a long onine chat, it seems there is no interest in currewnt customers. And the only way around it is to cancel your account and start a new one with a new (different) email address and new card details!!

This seems such a crazy thing to have to do - rather than just reward a customer.

Either that of give us long term offers - at the moment ive being paying a recurring 30day fro cinema for about 3 years. Would be happy to have a 12 month deal at a discount rate.

ALSO feeling shortchanged by nowtv!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T

You said, "I've being paying a recurring 30 day for cinema for about 3 years." Why?

You know most long term customers, like myself and many other forum members, look for bargain Now TV passes/vouchers and various deals that pop up from time to time, we don't wait for years for Now TV "to look kindly upon us".

For example, I have about a years worth of entertainment passes I intent to use starting December, which will take care of 2018, and I plan to buy more to take care of 2019 as well.

It would be great if Now TV threw us bargain every once in awhile but their priority is to capture new customers, however, if you are pro-active then you will be able to save a few pounds.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob! 🙂

Firstly, I have no idea where to search for these deals - never seen anything pop up other than when you buy a new box and get a few months included (but I use a Roku), or these black Friday ones.
Where would you suggest I look out for them?

Secondly - we really shouldn't have to look around. There should be a natural retention offer for existing customers- or at least the same offer new customers get. I'd even be happy to pay long term - like a 12month deal.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hey T

I'd like to answer your questions as they're posted, OK here we go.

1) You asked, "I have no idea where to search for these deals....". Most Now TV users check out Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, or anywhere else that sell Now TV passes.

2) You also said, "We really shouldn't have to look around". Well, companies love users who cannot be bothered to look around for bargains, after all that where most of their profits comes from. 

You probably don't know this but Sky/Now TV sell their passes to retailers in bulk and at a discount, those retailers in turn sell those passes to us, passing on some of that discount. Those are the places to shop and save a few pounds when the opportunity arises.

Finally, you said, "There should be a natural retention offer for existing customers."  I totally agree with you but in the "real" world customers have to "show" their willingness to move on and not be taken for granted, that's the only way we as customers will get "natural retention offers".

However, if you "stay put" and do nothing then you will continue to be fleeced, and that's the way of the world.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm sure there are many deals websites out there. My one of choice is hotukdeals where you can search or set up alerts for the deals you're after. Now TV boxes always being in my list.

Now an extra part of the "Game" - trade in those unwanted extra boxes at Cex. A place that many people don't support but i find the extra credit (or cash) pays for DVDs of those films that aren't available on the now tv service without the need to post a box you;ve sold on ebay

Anonymous User
Not applicable

People in this thread have talked about buying the movie and entertainment passes from retailers.

I bought a movie pass and entertainment pass from Game to test the water. I think it was £15 for 2 months for the movie one. It was great for 2 months.

So I went and bought 2 more. I typed in my new code once my previous 2 months had ran out. NOW Tv did not recognise the code. I contacted NOW tv for them to inform me that these type of vouchers can only be used one time per account.

So I now have 2 useless cards that are not usable on my account.

Just wanted to let people know that this is the case so that someone else does not make the same mistake as me.

These type of vouchers can only be used once per account.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That shouldn't be the case (they do have expiry dates so you shouldn't stock up on them but you should be free to keep using codes to fund your account). It may be that the live chat operative you spoke to misunderstood the issue.  I'd suggest popping back onto live chat and trying again (you'll get a different operator) or alternately use the send a message option instead.

You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

If if that fails get back in touch with Game to make sure the codes they've allocated you are properly activated.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think that's true, where the vouchers codes that you can purchase from places like Game, Curry's, Argos you can add a new voucher code within the last 30 days of an existing voucher offer on your account.

Have you tried using a different internet browser when applying the voucher code on your account ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply!

Both vouchers that I tried failed to work. 

It said NOW TV does not recognise the vouchers. The exact message was "Hmmm, we don't recognise that voucher."

I bought the vouchers from Game.co.uk and they sent me an email with the codes. The email said that the codes have to be used within 6 months.

I'll try live chat and see what they say about it again then. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That particular error message can appear when you've signed into the wrong account (might be worth double checking your browser hasn't signed you into a different Sky ID by mistake) or your account has lapsed (check your payment card hasn't expired or is out of date on your My Account >Payment Details page).