cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why aren't there any deals for existing customers

Now tv seem to offer lots of attractive offers for new customers but what about the existing ones? why are we paying higher prices if the passes are non contract based. It doesnt make sense, if I cancel a pass, I should be able to take on a new offer/ deal, it shouldnt matter if i am signed up, the whole idea is i switch and swap as and when i feel like.. 

feeling shortchanged by nowtv,

-an unloved existing customer. 

43 REPLIES 43
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would be nice if the onus was on these companies to automatically provide some type of loyalty reward for staying without the subscriber needing to do anything their end, rather than expecting the customer to contact the Retention Dept threatening to cancel before any discount offer is given.

Perhaps it's true what they say "if you don't ask then you don't get", however a better gesture IMO would be to "have something given without asking", this would go down a lot better in my book.

Unfortunately, i know the real business world doesn't think this way and i am living in cloud cuckoo land.Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

...expecting the customer to contact the Retention Dept threatening to cancel before any discount offer is given.

I rarely threaten to leave.  I just tend to cancel everything down to bare bones and wait for the upsell.  Once I callled to add BT Sport to my Virgin package and ended up with the top tier TV package with Sky Sports and Movies for less than the normal rate of adding BT Sport!  Just for 6 months, but that was fine as I only wanted BT Sport for a couple of months for the Champions League.

When I did actually threaten to leave Virgin, they simply put me on 30 days notice with no negotiation!  I changed my mind, and then got a couple of upselling calls.

My point is that there are deals for existing customers,  it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons to get them.  And yes it would be nice if "loyalty" was rewarded without having to contact the company, but generally it isn't. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi VC

You said, "My point is that there are deals for existing customers,  it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons to get them." In other words it's playing the game but you have to know that you're in the game in the first place.

Personally VC, I just can't be bothered to "play the game" but I know there are very successful people out there that can spot the game when it pops up, know the rules of the game and know how to handle the players within the game.

I guess I'm too simple for all this "game" stuff.

Query Emoji 02.jpg 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi VC

You said, "My point is that there are deals for existing customers,  it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons to get them." In other words it's playing the game but you have to know that you're in the game in the first place.

Personally VC, I just can't be bothered to "play the game" but I know there are very successful people out there that can spot the game when it pops up, know the rules of the game and know how to handle the players within the game.

I guess I'm too simple for all this "game" stuff.

How come you have never payed full price for a pass then?  You haven't just let it renew,  have you?  You get vouchers at discount prices.  So you are playing the "game".  Just taking a different approach.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi VC

You know, you may be right or you may not be.  

You see, I don't know when the "Game" starts or whether I'm in it or not, i.e. it's never occurred to me that buying discount vouchers was part of the "Game", I just thought it was part and parcel of being a savvy consumer.

Anyway, as you say, it's just taking a different approach.

Cheers.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today I received an 3 months enterainment pass for free for being a loyal customer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If anybody is looking for a nowtv sports pass for 4 months for £70 then nowtv are offering to new & existing customers (according to the T&C's) a summer Golf Pass offer (which should also include all the other Sky Sports live channels on the nowtv service).

Offer ends at 11.59pm 15th June 2018.

Link here

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What a lot of us 'existing' NOW TV customers do is keep an eye out for bundle deal offers that are often available from various retailers, such as: Currys/PC World, Tesco, Argos, Amazon, etc.

Personally speaking, I've never paid full price for either the Cinema or Entertainment service 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi SN

You know, if you check out some of these retailers, i.e. Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc., the chances are you can sometimes get discounts on your NowTV voucher purchases.

So you see, you don't have to depend solely on NowTV to get deals, I say this as a customer who also has to carefully watch his budget. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I notice that your question did not get answered. i just tried to sign up for a deal only to find it was for new customers only.

They do not care in the least about their customers as they know people will still use their products. remember that now and sky are one in the same. it is a win win for them no matter what you do and that is why they dont care

They do care about getting money hence sending existing customers emails to get Sports for £15/month.  I have had plenty of emails with movies and entertainment offers as well.

Yes, there are deals just for new customers like the £1 first month movies/entertainment, but the offers I am currently on (as an existing customer) work out better over the longer term.

email offers I got.  50% off ents on 2 June; 2 months sports £15/month on 1 June; £10 sport + ents on 27 may;  £7 sports + ents on 17 may; ents £5/month for 2 months on 31 mar....

... but none as good as the cancellation offers.