cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why aren't there any deals for existing customers

Now tv seem to offer lots of attractive offers for new customers but what about the existing ones? why are we paying higher prices if the passes are non contract based. It doesnt make sense, if I cancel a pass, I should be able to take on a new offer/ deal, it shouldnt matter if i am signed up, the whole idea is i switch and swap as and when i feel like.. 

feeling shortchanged by nowtv,

-an unloved existing customer. 

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What i am trying to do is find just a box? i've got the entertainment and cinema package and want to have box upstairs and downstairs and cancel virgin. NowTv can't sell me just a box and people are charging stupid money 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you referring to the nowtv standard black box or the nowtv smart box with the inbuilt TV Freeview tuner.

Why wouldn't you be interested in taking advantage of the voucher pass that comes with these boxes that you can buy from Retailers such has Currys etc etc where they workout cheaper than buying the box separately and paying the monthly pass subscription?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User

You know Schnapps

I hope BL gets back to us because I have found his/her post somewhat mysterious, it just does not add up.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

I had similar thoughts, where you can pick up a standard black nowtv box with either the 2 month cinema or 3 month entertainment voucher pass included in the bundle for £15 at Currys.

Or the nowtv smart box with inbuilt Freeview tuner can be bought with 2 month cinema voucher from Argos for £29.99.

@Anonymous User mentioned that they have both entertainment and cinema passes which i am guessing is via the monthly subscription payment method ?

Where the box bundled with the voucher code passes is a no brainer in my opinion on saving money if you are either looking at the boxes or just interested in the passes (i must have about 25 unused boxes in my house by now purely taking the price advantage of the vouchers).

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

BL

Not quite sure what you mean when you say, "NowTv can't sell me just a box and people are charging stupid money :-(", if you are talking about a Now TV box then you can buy those at any electrical outlet, i.e. Currys, Amazon, Argos, etc.   And what is this "people are charging stupid money?", that makes no sense.

I have probably totally misunderstood what you are trying to convey, could you please clarify. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I buy mine on eBay for £10 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, Now TV need to have a retentions team and keep its exsiting customers rather than just trying to take on new ones, 

There should be a loyalty scheme or something. 

Sort it out NOW tv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree, Now TV need to have a retentions team and keep its exsiting customers rather than just trying to take on new ones, 

There should be a loyalty scheme or something. 

Sort it out NOW tv. 

When you cancel they normally make you an offer at a reduced rate.

I have about a year's worth of Cinema vouchers to apply because they keep making me offers I can't refuse.

And then a month or so later after the subscription ends they make you a half price offer or equivalent to get you to return.

To my mind it is a pretty effective retention scheme.  

I trust they noted my Cinema pass ended today and the Entertainment pass ended earlier this month (hint hint).

(Though I really have to start using those Cinema passes cos they expire in January 2018, April 2018 and May 2018)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just cancelled my cinema pass, and for the first time wasnt "offered" any discount... Ive also noticed that many of the cinema boxes come with a one month voucher now.... so it looks as if Now TV are testing the water as to how stable their user base is after the 15 percent increase in the Ents package.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I just cancelled my cinema pass, and for the first time wasnt "offered" any discount... Ive also noticed that many of the cinema boxes come with a one month voucher now.... so it looks as if Now TV are testing the water as to how stable their user base is after the 15 percent increase in the Ents package.

Well I am out as of today.  I did get an offer as I left a couple of weeks ago, but I am not watching enough to justify either Cinema nor Entertainment at those prices.  I have FOX with Virgin Media, so don't even need it for the Walking Dead.

Removing Game of Thrones before I even got to watch the first episode of the new season did it for me as far as Entertainment goes.   I would have watched in France but was unable to due to geographical restrictions and by the time I got back it was gone...

... maybe when the second half of GoT is on I might subscribe again.