cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

Hi..

how can I add subtitles to the movies while I am watching?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not all the movies on the NowTV platform offer subtitles, the movies that are supported will be denoted with a "S" symbol next to the movie title and description.

This help article should explain more about subtitles on the Nowtv service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not all the movies on the NowTV platform offer subtitles, the movies that are supported will be denoted with a "S" symbol next to the movie title and description.

This help article should explain more about subtitles on the Nowtv service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're referring to adding your own subtitles, that's not possible.

Depending on your playback device, if the movie you want to view has subtitles you'll see a little 'S' next to the movies name. On a NOW TV branded box you can switch subtitles on and off by pressing the 'star' key on your remote control.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers
Thank you for answering
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I press the "star" button there is no button for subtitles? Can anyone advise please?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Are you using a NOW TV box? Over half of the movies on NOW TV have subtitles now but very little content on the Entertainment Pass has subtitles currently so if pressing the * key on your NOW TV box remote brings up info on the programme instead this means subtitles aren't available for it. Content that does have subtitles available will have a small S symbol in the description.

image.jpeg

If you have a NOW TV box and would like subtitles to appear automatically when they are available you can do the following

Go to your NOW TV Box homepage and select Settings from the main menu.
Select Subtitles, and then select On.
You’ll see a tick to indicate subtitles are now turned on for all available movies and shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy.

Very poor in this day and age not to have subtitles on all the content.

Netflix have them on everything.

In my case I have had a coclear implant inserted so can get by and improving all the time.

But for those less fortunate NOWtv would not be much use.

Thank you very much for repyling Andy.

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Are you using a NOW TV box? Over half of the movies on NOW TV have subtitles now but very little content on the Entertainment Pass has subtitles currently so if pressing the * key on your NOW TV box remote brings up info on the programme instead this means subtitles aren't available for it. Content that does have subtitles available will have a small S symbol in the description.

image.jpeg

If you have a NOW TV box and would like subtitles to appear automatically when they are available you can do the following

You’ll see a tick to indicate subtitles are now turned on for all available movies and shows.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome. I've been pushing for subtitles a lot so I appreciate your position. I know NOW TV are committed to getting subtitles on movie and entertainment on-demand content over the next few months but they seem to have decided to start with movie content first. Like I say they're well over half way now so once that's finished hopefully they'll give their full attention to getting the entertainment pass sorted ASAP.

In the meantime hope you're still able to get some enjoyment out of your passes 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Andy.

Very poor in this day and age not to have subtitles on all the content.

Netflix have them on everything.

In my case I have had a coclear implant inserted so can get by and improving all the time.

But for those less fortunate NOWtv would not be much use.

Thank you very much for repyling Andy.

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

image.jpeg

Hi @Anonymous User

I see @Andy has helped you out , but I thought I'd add a bit of info about non-now TV, branded hardware

Just to add a bit of extra information which you may find helpful. When using non-now TV, branded hardware, the NowTV app for will remember if you had subtitles switched on the last time you used it so if you go to watch a piece of content where subtitles are available, it will switch subtitles on automatically for you. So in theory you only have to switch subtitles on the once and they will always be switched on by default on any content which has them available. Unless someone turns subtitles off.

as far as I'm aware, the only devices don't have subtitle support yet are android/iOS and PC/Mac (NowTV player) . All other devices should support subtitles as far as I'm aware. It's true that the roll-out of subtitles isn't as fast as we would like, but at least it is finally happening myself and @Andy are among a fair few users that have been pushing for subtitle support for a very long time.  And to give you a slight update on  what  @Andy said about the movies library. Nearly 3/4 of the movies library actually has subtitles now that there are still very few pieces of entertainment content with subtitles at the moment

EDIT 

xbox 360 and youview do not support subtitles eather

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.