cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

remove horror movies from menus -- safe for children

Hello,

Is there a function to remove horror movies form appearing in the cinema menus.   I have a nowtv box and when viewing lists of films it is really disconcerting that horror movies appear in the list with their graphic title image.  My children are the predominate users of NowTV.

If there is not a function already -- can I ask that you consider implementing a children safe login or area; or the ability to totally hide via pin or unsubscribe from certain content appearing in the menus.

Kind regards

J

18 REPLIES 18
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It's a good suggestion which has been mentioned one or two times before. Having the ability to have separate user profiles for different users, like Netflix would be good in my opinion. Some people have also suggested a completely separate box for kids, although that loses some flexibility if it can't be opened up again as children get older and want to move away from the cartoony style of the current kids section.

Anyway your idea is already in the Ideas Board section of the forum so I'd recommend voting and/or leaving a comment there to show your support (you can mention any modifications to the idea you'd like to see in the comments section as well).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/PARENTAL-LOCK-IMPROVEMENT-TO-PROTECT-KIDS/idi-p/418455

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks i've upvoted it and added to the comments.

It is such an obvious and necessary  feature to add.

J

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Agreed, it would be good if all content above the parental control level set was hidden, although NOW TV also need separate profiles for different members of the family otherwise they would be hidden from everyone else as well!

It's also a shame the kids area doesn't include age-appropriate movies from the cinema pass for those users who have an active cinema pass as well, that way children could stay within the more sheltered kids area.

There's certainly a few different ways they could tackle the issue. Let's hope they get round to thinking about it soon.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

It's also a shame the kids area doesn't include age-appropriate movies from the cinema pass for those users who have an active cinema pass as well, that way children could stay within the more sheltered kids area.

@Andy That is also a great idea. Would that mean the price for the kids pass could rise though? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:
@Andy That is also a great idea. Would that mean the price for the kids pass could rise though? 

@caseyb1993 No, I wasn't thinking more if the account holder already had a cinema pass, then there could be a section in the kids pass area (you know with all the little monsters and aliens that I quite like!) where they add like all the U certificate Disney/family films so that kids can choose them without having to go out of the kids area and back to the Cinema section where all the nasty stuff is!

PS is it really a good idea? it's not often I get a good idea ... Medal? 😉

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I getcha. 🙂

I have the kids pass at the min because it has some Flintstones/Top Cat on there. 🙂

Oh and Dexter's lab! Nostalgia right in one little pass. 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking I'd prefer the NOW TV 'Kids' service to be accessable via a separate 'Kids' app... 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Personally speaking I'd prefer the NOW TV 'Kids' service to be accessable via a separate 'Kids' app... 

Definitely...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital Ye, you've mentioned that a few times (I'm guessing you're thinking specifically of NOW TV boxes and Rokus) but I can't see what advantage it brings over the Kids section other than possibly being easier for the child to start themselves. What's your thinking?