cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

email used as sky id??

I recieved my new now tv box today with a 2 month movie pass.
It lets me sign in but keeps taking me to a page to set up payment details etc but it says my email has already been set up for sky id?? Im getting very frustrated as cant access anything!! Please help!!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

Is your issue now sorted? 

If you still need further help, please let us know and we'll sort it out for you 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, either Now or Sky should be able to tell you what the Sky ID the email address is linked with. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I may be having same problem.  I have had sky ids before when i was a sky subscriber.  They have all expired now as i no longer subsctibe to sky.  When i try to sign up with now tv it says the email address has a sky id associated with it.  But if i try to sign in with my old sky id user name and password it says it doesnt recognise them and takes me to the enter your detail screen.  I am just going round in circles.  How can i activate my old sky id or cancel it so that i can reuse the same email address for nowtv.  I do not have any email adresses that have not had sky ids asssociated with the in the past.

Failing that it will be going back to the store for a refund. 😠

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem so it is total as i have created new email adresses even used my works one and it tells me they are registered as sky id etc which is impossible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem even using three different addresses  some set up for this and never used before all say they are registered sky id cannot use your service till you fix this

[email removed]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spent about 2.5 hrs on the chat line with 1st and 2nd line support guys.  We tried using old emails, my work email and brand new emails just created whilst on the call, we tried to start completely from scratch but each time we ended up in same place.  You get to the personal data screen, you fill in all the details, they all get ticks to confirm they are ok, you select next and it is as if nothing has happened as you dont move onto next screen where you would be entering payment details etc.  But actually what it did do was register your email as a sky ID.  So when you try again, this time it fails because the email is associated with a sky ID.  The help guys couldnt fix it for me but promised to investigate in the background and come back to me when they had solved the problem.  I hope that didnt mena they just wanted to get off the call and forget about my problem.  I guess we'll see - that was 48hsr ago now and no uodates yet.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Just to let you know I have sent you an email in regards to this query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.  I bought a black now tv box for my mum yesterday.  When I tried to set it up for her it keeps saying email used as sky id.  She has never had any sky products.  I have  set up 4 new email addresses for her and it keeps saying the same thing. I am getting really fed up now.  As my mum spent christmas in hospital I thought it would be nice for her to catch up on the tv.  Can someone please help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having this trouble since my daughter bought me bthr black Now tv box ...Now tv needs to deal with this ive emailed them Tues 29/12/15 and still no reply...this must be a fault ..as i have a sky id i still cannot get past the details page without it stating sky ID already exists...its quite fustrating as sky say they are not responsible need to speak to Niw tv but Now tv havent replied..we need helpn to resolve this issue ...or ill take mine back to the shop..