cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why have the quality of movies been so poor recently?

I just want to say in spite of all great movies on the market and talked about everywhere, this week, i can't see one single movie worth watching! All second and third class comedy or horror or weak action movies, all names nobody has heard of. I am very very disappointed..... could you do something about this please?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just want to say in spite of all great movies on the market and talked about everywhere, this week, i can't see one single movie worth watching! All second and third class comedy or horror or weak action movies, all names nobody has heard of. I am very very disappointed..... could you do something about this please?

I suspect increased competition from Amazon Prime and Netflix may be a factor.  Whereas in the past Sky pretty much got the broadcast rights for all the new films nowadays Amazon Prime (Hateful 😎 and Netflix (The Big Short) get some of the better films.   Now/Sky has the majority of top new films about  two thirds, but another third is going elsewhere.

Some examples from top 100 2016 films.

The Hateful EightAMAZON
SpotlightAMAZON
Eye in the SkyAMAZON
The Divergent Series: AllegiantAMAZON
David Brent: Life on the RoadAMAZON
RoomAMAZON
The Boy (2016)AMAZON
Bastille DayAMAZON
High-RiseAMAZON
London Has FallenNETFLIX
Eddie the EagleNETFLIX
CreedNETFLIX
The Big ShortNETFLIX
Dirty GrandpaNETFLIX
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed the choice is lame, 2nd rate American comedies, kids films, never heard of most of them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot agree more about the very poor, low level quality of the "Sky Premier" films which are marketed as "Todays Premier" 

Many have subtitles, many are very weird horror movies, and I know that since the launch of the "A brand new premier every day", the films are just not worth watching anymore.

Very poor show from Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with all the above comments.  The films and series were brilliant and now they are boring.  There is never anything to watch and with so many new films and dramas available in America on these pay services I am beginning to feel cheated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree... Sky cinema has been poor for a few months now with very few reasons to renew outside 'special offers'. To be fair July does look a bit bettter.... but Sky need to be careful.... there is a lot of digital choice these days and people will walk.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at the recently added option now, never heard of most of them which i would describe as straight too dvd, ones i have heard of are years old and have been shown multiple times on tv. Pretty poor show, increasingly paying £4.50 to watch something good on Amazon, now tv cinema needs to improve or i'm out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree 100%!!! I really feel that for £9.99 a month, Sky would actually show blockbusters, they used to back in the day. Now all I see are straight to dvd rubbbish that nobody has heard of. Seems they never take a trip to the cinema. Maybe that should be part of their job, actually going to see a film on the big screen and see how many people are there.  Don’t get me wrong, most Fridays you’ll see a prope film! 

Todays premier, October 12th, is a one starred horror that obviously didn’t get a look in when films get considered for cinema release. Who picks these films? Give me the job, I’ll get you tons more subscribers! 

I’m only keeping “Sky Cinema”btw poor use of the word cinema! because my sister is on maternity leave. 

Cmon sky give us better. Isn’t that your motto lol 😂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your comments, To be honest new movies added during the week are just movies thats never been on Sky before so are classed as a new premiere, Fridays are when the more up to date and recent films are added.