cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where have all the Disney films gone?

There were loads of Disney films on here the other day and now there are only 7? What's happened?

16 REPLIES 16
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You're right there are only seven Disney films on the system. My guess would be that NowTV's licences for most of the films have now expired. Although it's fair to say that many of the licences will probably be renewed at some point. As around the holiday times. NowTV tends to have things like toy story. Content comes and goes from NowTV that always been the case.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @commanda6@Anonymous User

By our count we currently have 95! Click Here

It's a bit odd that they'd seem unavailable, so we'll try to get to the bottom of things. Are they simply missing from a collection on your device, or not available at all (even via Search/on other devices?)

Thanks,

Jason

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:

Hi @commanda6@Anonymous User

By our count we currently have 95! Click Here

It's a bit odd that they'd seem unavailable, so we'll try to get to the bottom of things. Are they simply missing from a collection on your device, or not available at all (even via Search/on other devices?)

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @Jason-C

It would appear to be the case that most of the Disney films are missing from the Disney filter on certain devices. When I checked the Windows app earlier, there were only seven Disney films available under the Disney filter. What's interesting is if you use the search function in the Windows app you can find more of the Disney movies.I've also checked my LG TV and it's the same on their as well. Looks like there might be some sort of problem with the Disney filter.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Thanks @commanda6

We'll definitely look into this. Like you say, it sounds like the Disney category isn't picking things up on certain devices. Is it possible to grab us a screenshot or two?

@Anonymous User In the meantime, all our Disney movies should still appear when using Search. We'll work on fixing the filter as soon as we can anyway. If there's anything you can't find, just drop us a message!

Thanks,

Jason

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:

Thanks @commanda6

We'll definitely look into this. Like you say, it sounds like the Disney category isn't picking things up on certain devices. Is it possible to grab us a screenshot or two?

Thanks,

Jason

@Jason-C Of course it's possible to get screenshots. This is me you're talking to Smiley Happy

Below is a screenshot from the Windows app If you want a screenshot for the LG TV. Let me know, but it's a bit more awkward to get screenshot onto the forum for the LG TV as I have to take photos using a camera put them on my computer and then put them on the forum.

Disney filter evidence.gif

Don't worry about the thing that is in the top centre of the image that only there because my dictation software was active when I took this screenshot.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C

I concur with @commanda6 observations, using the nowtv app on my Windows 10 tablet under Genre "Disney" there are only 7 movies showing (see screen shot below).

Where going into Genre "Disney" on the nowtv smart box it is offering me the choice of 95 Disney movies.

Edit - Also, just checked my ATV 3 under the Disney Genre and it is showing me 94 movies (counting the thumbnail rows and columns, not sure where the other one missing movie has gone to make it a total of 95) ?

Screenshot (2).png

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@schnapps@commanda6

Thank you kindly for the screenshots.

We think we've identified the problem, so will be working from here to resolve it, which may take a little time.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a LG tv and having the same problem, only showing 7 movies but 90+ on my iPad now tv app, this has been ongoing now since 1st October I currently have a very frustrated 5yr old that wants to watch her favorite Disney movies 😡😡

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As a workaround until it's fixed, you should be able to either search for the movie your daughter wants to watch on your LG to find it that way, or you could try adding it to My TV on the iPad and then it should be in the My TV>Watchlist on the LG app.

I'll copy @Jason-C in in case he knows a fix for you or can investigate further.