cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription but after following the instructions several times I still cant manage to do this, please can someone help me. the option to go to my account is usless it does nothing but take me back to main page. trying contacting now tv direct that is also usless...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancel-NOW-TV

Have you tried link above? If that doesn't work you need live chat between 8am and midnight i think the times are now.

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was told on Live Chat that my account was cancelled but I have not received an email confriming that, I was giving the case number 00584436. 

Amanda Kaukimoce on behalf of Tevita Kaukimoce

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I will send you an e-mail very shortly.

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I cancel my subscription?

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever come across!

Please someone give me an email address or a phone number or something so I can call and cancel!!! 

ARGHHHHH

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

See here 

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/how-on-earth-do-you-cancel-this/m-p/270912/highlight/true#M31974

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Please can someone help? I've used Now TV for the last 18 months and been very happy. Recently, I think they've had an OS upgrade whilst I was away on holiday and now it's a mess. Any program now has a flickering screen, then black blank, then back to flickering and it is impossible to watch any programs. The sound is fine. It's just that the picture keeps getting switched on and off. I've rebooted my internet, I've re-set up all my channels, I've unplugged my NOW box several times. I'm loath to reset the box as I am not technically orientated and scared I'll make it even worse. 

Impossible to get tech support - not resolving through the messages I've sent and have given up on trying to find the chat option - spent an wasted hour last night looking for this. Has anyone got any idea how I can get this resolved?

Many thanks,

Jovlanka

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

Please can someone help? I've used Now TV for the last 18 months and been very happy. Recently, I think they've had an OS upgrade whilst I was away on holiday and now it's a mess. Any program now has a flickering screen, then black blank, then back to flickering and it is impossible to watch any programs. The sound is fine. It's just that the picture keeps getting switched on and off. I've rebooted my internet, I've re-set up all my channels, I've unplugged my NOW box several times. I'm loath to reset the box as I am not technically orientated and scared I'll make it even worse. 

Impossible to get tech support - not resolving through the messages I've sent and have given up on trying to find the chat option - spent an wasted hour last night looking for this. Has anyone got any idea how I can get this resolved?

Many thanks,

Jovlanka

@Anonymous User Welcome the Forum 🙂

Can you try following theses steps:

• Check for updates
  • Manually set the bit rate
  • Reset the box
Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:
  1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.
This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.

If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:
  1. Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
  2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.
You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).

Factory reset
Using your NOW TV remote:
  1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.
Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Niamh
NOWTV Team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried numerous times to cancel my four month free trial for Sky films.  I go to my account select passes but instead of giving me the option to cancel the programme immediately selects to join again.  My I please have a telephone number th at I may use?  My free trial finishes on 8.5.16

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if clicking My Account asks for card details, you've logged in with the wrong username. It's possible to have multiple Sky iDs and only the one attached to NOW TV will work. If you've had Sky Broadband or TV in the past your browser may have auto completed your old username. Try other usernames you might use or the forgotten username link on the login screen.
Also you could look through your emails for communications you've had with NOW TV and see if any of these include the correct one, or load the app which you've been watching on and check the settings to see which username is on that.

Once you've got the right one, clicking My Account will show the passes and you can cancel them with a few clicks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

JUST CANCEL YOUR BANK DEBIT

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign in and click ‘My Account’ in the top right corner. Under ‘My Passes’ you will see ‘Sky Movies Month Pass’. On the right there is a black box saying ‘Cancel Pass’. Click this and confirm you want to cancel. You will then be asked why.

Choose from the list of reasons given. Then select on a scale of one to ten how likely you will be to recommend the service to a friend. Click the white box at the bottom: ‘I still want to cancel.’ In a last-ditch attempt to get you to stay, you will then be offered a cheap £6.99 pass — usually it costs £8.99 a month. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Confirm Cancellation’. You can keep watching until the month is up.

worked for me.