cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription but after following the instructions several times I still cant manage to do this, please can someone help me. the option to go to my account is usless it does nothing but take me back to main page. trying contacting now tv direct that is also usless...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancel-NOW-TV

Have you tried link above? If that doesn't work you need live chat between 8am and midnight i think the times are now.

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI,

I paid for 1 month's NOW TV subscription, which is due to expire shortly. I have tried to log into my account  and then now tv passes, so that i can canel this, but for the last 3 days i keep getting an error saying this page cannot be displayed. This is where i always cancel my passes but i think the option is currently down. Can someone plesae help as if i dont cancel it wihtin the time period a direct debit will be taken for the fee

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

OK, I'll take a look for you see if we can do it on our end then I'll send you an email as it's related to your account.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ssimon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to cancel this for a month to no avail, when I go into the 'my passes', it takes me to the payment page, whatever I try to do it keeps taking me to this page.  I've sent emails to nowtv with no reply and I can't find a phone no.  And then guess what, yup I've had a payment taken from my credit card!  I need to cancel this and I've advised friends and family not to sign up because it's too difficult to cancel and you keep being charged.  Someone please tell me how I can cancel and how I can get my payment back, preferably before they take anymore payments!  Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

If you keep being asked for payment details when you try to cancel, you've logged in with the wrong username. Try logging in with any other accounts you've set up (check the My Account section of any devices you watch on to see what your username is, or check any emails you've received to see if they have the correct username on them).

When you're logged in with the right account, you'll be able to go to http://account.nowtv.com/passes to cancel.

The following help page gives some more advice on finding other accounts you might have

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged

and if you are still stuck after that, click the little green Contact Us button at the bottom of that help page and choose the option for live chat who will help you find the right account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I only have one account and it was auto logged in.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you're being asked for payment details it's because the username you have logged in with hasn't been fully set up yet, so the charges won't be coming from there (they can't take charges if there are no payment details entered). 

Do you have any devices you've been logging in to watch NOW TV on? If so the My Account on there should verify your username. Then logout of the website and log in manually rather than letting your browser auto log in.

If you still can't get to the bottom of it, as mentioned live chat can help find where the payments are coming from. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's not true as you are asked to give your payment details when you sign up for a trial, then if you don't cancel they take a payment, which is what I've been trying to cancel. I have tried my laptop, iPad and phone and all take me through to this page.

I've tried to connect with the live chat several times (not just today) and can't get through to anyone.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I've just followed link posted by @Andy and Live Chat seems available - obviously I can't try to use it

In over 30 months I've not had a payment problem and, as I buy passes, have used My Account/My passes many times to cancel

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep I understand, but the reason you are being asked to enter payment details now is because the account you've signed into doesn't have payment details on it, so the account that has the trial on which you are trying to cancel will be a different one. It does happen quite often because NOW TV use Sky IDs as a means of logging on, and people often have old Sky IDs (eg from Sky TV or Sky Broadband) which browsers sometimes sign them into by mistake.

Live chat should work fine on your iPad using Safari so you could keep trying that, but if you still can't get through then a member of the NOW TV team will pick up your post on here and respond to you in due course (it can take them a day or two depending on how busy they are).