cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The cancel subscription button is unavailable

Following steps to try and cancel my month movie pass but the button is unavailable to press. It's shaded out in a pale grey and I can't click it.
6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've left it to the last day or so then the cancel pass option is greyed out while NOW TV prepare to take the next payment. You could try contacting live chat to see if they can stop it.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Live Chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

For future ref don't leave it to the last minute to cancel, you can cancel anytime and you'll still be able to carry on watching until the expiry date of the pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where do I find the cancel subscription button? My sub started 18 June and will be charged again on the 18th July. Surely I should be able to cancel today? Seems a reasonable amount of notice, wouldn't you say? I am talking about cancelling on the now tv website in my account btw. Perhaps the option is available in the app. I use the Xbox 360 version. Thanks in advance
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone. The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account.

It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go to the NowTV website and select My Account > My Passes with your internet browser there should be the cancel button option next to any active passes.

Should there be no cancel option next to your active passes, then some of the reasons are that you may have multiple usernames accounts and haven't opened the username that is still active, you are a Combo Customer where i believe you need to contact the Combo team under My Package to cancel or change your passes.

Also if you are an ITunes customer and purchased your passes from your Apple iTunes account then you would need to cancel your passes via ITunes rather than your NowTV account.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can cancel your now TV subscription from the link below (when logged into the website using a PC or mobile device). It is like this because cancellations are something that requires full account access. Whereas most devices only have account access with regard to content viewing not account management

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

Do bear in mind what @Andy said above, but and don't leave it until the last 24 hours to cancel your subscription Smiley Wink

It's worth pointing out that the use of the PC is recommended when cancelling passes as only mobile devices with a decent screen resolution will work (at least 1024 x 768)

EDIT

or what @SeeMoreDigital and @schnapps have said aboveSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I figured it was either a screen resolution issue. My dinky little iPhone 5S has a tiny screen ! Should have just done it on my bad boy android beast!😜Anyway I just went on laptop in the end under passes and did it. I was just trying to avoid this as I was out and about and can easily forget to do those things until it's too late if I don't do it the minute I think of it! Fortunately I didn't forget this time. Thanks all for the help.