cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taken money again even though cancelled, second time

Now tv have taken money from my account again even though I added a discount code and cancelled them straight away to be sure I wouldn’t be charged. This isn’t the first time this has happened. Last time I didn’t enter any discount code and they just took money which wasn’t theirs to take and tried saying someone must have done it. I was out all day so know no one had, they did refund but that isn’t the point. Also I’m trying to cancel them now and it’s not letting me do it. Also it won’t let me sign in using my email address and says that both my email and password are wrong, but will let me sign in with my username. Nowtv are doing this to other people too taking money, wonder how much money they are getting away with stealing from customers each year.

Seen other posts on here about it, conveniently it won’t allow me to reply to those posts.

I will be cancelling my whole now tv package and instructing my bank to never pay anymore money to now tv. It has really rattled me. Also considering contacting ofcom and watchdog. I recommend others do the same as this is fraud, regardless of how big a company they are, they aren’t untouchable.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They've done exactly the same for me too. Thought I'd made a mistake and not properly cancelled after my free month so blamed myself. This time I screeshotted it when I cancelled and they've renewed it again. Genuinely fraud from them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

has done exactly same to me , didn't screen shot my cancellation thou.. But I did get my money refunded. First month is free which is wisely hidden and this is automatically subscribed I paid the second month thought it was my fault not reading the underlines... and then cancelled subscription, set up a password then BANG. third month money was made paid for the CINEMA SUBS, lost a plot...so fricking piissed off.. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/SKY-CINEMA-I-never-Subscribed-WTF/m-p/457158#M12632

I WAS PRETTY WEARY WITH SETTING UP MY BANK DETAILS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE AND DIDN'T EVEN SEEN ANY HINT OF ME SUBSCRIBING FOR CINEMA PASS. TIME TO CANCEL ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE ASAP,, THATS NOW.

Hope they will sort this issues out.

HTH

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have taken my bank details off for me so they can’t accidentally steal money out of my Account now thankfully. Means I won’t ever subscribe to anything again which is a shame really as we did use it from time to time x x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having my bank details removed has so far stopped this, only been a few days. It’s so annoying though as now I can never use any of the passes even if I want to as then my bank details will be set up. It is pretty pointless me being with now tv at all. I am wondering if we should try Netflix out instead. Want to check that sky have nothing to do with Netflix first though. 🙄
Also sky have ripped us off telling us we can receive sky in our area, even though we can’t, then saying that our refund will be processed by 22 February and is in the system to do that, then guess what no refund. I wonder how many more phone calls it will take to also get that money back. Liars and fraud stars. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. Peeved is an understatement. Watchdog and ofcom will be getting informed, please do the same and let’s stop this insanity,
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have cancelled too before the trial ended. They took money then I emailed saying I wanted it cancelled and it stopped for a few month and now they have charged again I have saw this has happened to a lot of people I have proof I cancelled so I’m getting legal action as it’s fraud and I haven’t been refunded a penny of what they took

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled twice with these shower of theifs and still taking my money absolute joke I want my money back or Ofcom it will be. Absolute joke of a company.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you please look under My Account/Bills & Payments, and report back whether you can see the payments that were taken recorded there or not?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I can see the payments but we've cancelled our passes twice now and they still renew it and take our money its impossible to stop it.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Could anyone - even a very small child - be turning it on again without your knowledge?

This would reveal itself as a pattern of payments varying in date by more than a day or so, from a fixed monthly renewal date.

Also, you should set a Payment PIN under My Account/Settings & PINs to preclude any chance of this in the future.

You really need to ask Live Chat what is going on though - are your Cancels failing for some reason under your control, or some reason under NowTV’s control, do they have records of your Account being used after the Cancels, and so on.

I know it’s a pain, but if something is going wrong at the NowTV end, and you can help get it fixed, you will be doing everyone a favour.

And if it isn’t, it’s something you are doing or not doing, and they can tell you what, you will be doing yourself a favour.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.