cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Super confused and need some help about a voucher.

Hi first time posting here and I am in need of some help.

A few weeks ago, I added a new voucher code to my final month of NOW TV cinema for an extra month of cinema. However, only afterwards did I see that the offer wasn't for a free month of cinema like it was for, but it was going to charge me £9.99 after my current voucher ended!

After speaking on live chat I was assured that the offer had been cancelled when I pressed cancel, however it now (two weeks later) says:

Sky Cinema Month Pass

£9.99 a month
Cancelled

Your offer starts in 9 days.

You can keep watching until 20 Feb 2017

No no no no no! I cancelled the new offer and even double checked it, and now it says the offer is still on my account! I haven't been charged... yet... nor do I want to be charged for an offer I really don't want nor signed up for.

Please help! I just want to cancel the £9.99 offer off my passes account!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Your options are to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or vai 'Email' and discuss your issue with them. Plus you can reference this forum topic if you need to....

Cheers 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Feenix

The following instructions, developed by a forum member, should give you the clarity and understanding of how vouchers work on the NowTV system.

The following instructions were developed, written and continually used by Senior Forum Member @Schnapps and applies to all NowTV vouchers, i.e. Entertainment, Cinema/Movie and Kids.

All you need to do is buy your voucher pass (from either Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc.) and apply the voucher code to your existing NowTV account under My Passes where you will see an option to "Apply Voucher".

Then all you need to do within the final 30 calendar days before the voucher expires (if you want to continue with the voucher method) is to add a new voucher pass.

If you keep following this method then no money will be taken from your bank or credit card, I have been using this method for over 18 months to keep the costs down and touch wood and, as of yet, I have had no money taken from my bank card by NowTV.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you must apply the new voucher code before the existing code expires (within the last 30 days) or NowTV will automatically take a payment from your bank card.

NB: The above method will also work with vouchers obtained with purchases of new NowTV boxes, special promotions or legitimate third party suppliers.

NB2: Unless stated otherwise, vouchers have a 12 month time limit and, if not used, will expire approximately 12 months after date of purchase. If you have any doubt about your voucher check with NowTV's Live Chat at the following URL:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

Also if you decide to leave the NowTV service (either short or long term) make sure that you cancel your passes (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full duration of the voucher passes that you have applied) or again NowTV will automatically renew taking monthly subscription costs from your bank card.

They need to put a 10p hold on the card, which is released almost instantly. This is to ensure that:

a) The card is valid and not reported stolen,
b) The card holder is over 18 and
c) The card holder's registered address is within the UK.

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! Thank you for posting that helpful guide.

For some reason it won't let me cancel this £9.99 charge for this offer I didn't want from my account page, it says it was a voucher, but the voucher I used should have gave me a month free (although weirdly two weeks after I put in the code, I got an email about a voucher for retailers via Now TV, wondering if its linked.)

It just says restart my pass below what I have already wrote above. Nor will it let me apply a new voucher that I have to replace this mystery £9.99 offer.

As I said, I applied a voucher which should have gave me one extra month free on top, and instead its wanting to charge me £9.99 when it comes to the end of my current voucher that I got from COD infinte warfare purchase.

I just want my pass cancelled fully so I can add my new voucher I got from purchasing a console! No £9.99 charge, no charge to my account, no nothing. But otherwise that voucher guide was exactly what I was trying to do.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Feenix

Contact NowTV Chat Line, on the following URL, and explain your difficulty to them, they should be able to help:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

UK Bob 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV system breaks down payments into monthly periods, which can be confusing. In order to see the actual expiry dates of your vouchers, this is what you have to do...

While you are logged onto this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device. Visit: My Account -> My Passes and select the relevent 'down arrow' for your subscription (ie: purple for Sky Cinema or orange for Entertainment). Here's a typical example of what your pass information should look like.

Note the info in the first yellow highlighted' line. Followed by the 'Offer ends on' line: -

offer ends on dates.PNG

What do you see?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is what I see below, but it says the offer of £9.99 starts in 9 days! Which is not what I had signed up for. Hope this helps!sky.JPG

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From your photo it would appear that you have cancelled your subscription!

After cancelling your 'Cinema' subscription you should have been set a confirmation email. Have you recieved this?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

From your photo it would appear that you have cancelled your subscription!

After cancelling your 'Cinema' subscription you should have been set a confirmation email. Have you recieved this?

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe @SeeMoreDigital is correct, it does appear that you have cancelled your subscription. This would definitely be the case if you have the email confirming so.

A word of caution though It definitely used to be the case that if you cancelled your subscription before a voucher/offer started then that would cancel the offer as well. But you will definitely be able to cancel your subscription and continue watching until the offer ends after the offer has started.

For the time being, it might be advisable to restart your subscription until the offer starts. After the offer has started, you will be able to cancel your subscription without the offer been cancelled

@Anonymous User am I correct here, or has this now changed?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @commanda6 and @SeeMoreDigital, thank you so much your patience and help in this matter, I got two cancelation emails for the cinema (as after I realised what had happened with the voucher, I cancelled the cinema pass again after cancalled the first pass.)

I do have another voucher waiting to be used but as you can see, it won't give me the option to use this.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I do have another voucher waiting to be used but as you can see, it won't give me the option to use this.

Indeed, you'll now have to wait until your 'cancelled' service expires before you can submit your other voucher pass code.