cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Star wars clone wars removal

Why for the second time this year has Star wars Clone wars and Rebels been removed? There was no timer or leaving now indication at all, any ideas ?

8 REPLIES 8
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch.

Due to rights restrictions and contracts with the studios, we're only able to keep this content on the service for a certain amount of time. These particular 'movies' are no longer available on Sky Cinema, but they will be back later in the year.

We do have a Leaving Soon section, but in this case we're unable to add 100s of episodes to the list! I'm feeding back to the teams involved to see if we can make it clearer when movies are leaving NOW TV.

Thanks,

Jason

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch.

Due to rights restrictions and contracts with the studios, we're only able to keep this content on the service for a certain amount of time. These particular 'movies' are no longer available on Sky Cinema, but they will be back later in the year.

We do have a Leaving Soon section, but in this case we're unable to add 100s of episodes to the list! I'm feeding back to the teams involved to see if we can make it clearer when movies are leaving NOW TV.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @Jason-C

What we really need is to be able to see the expiry date for formerly pass content like we can with entertainment pass content. On the entertainment pass we can see the expiry date of a particular piece of content. If it's going to expire within three or four months. I think being able to see the expiry date on movies pass content would make it a lot clearer for people.

I suppose I should now call it the cinema pass shouldn't I but because I've been around for a long time and it's been the movies pass up until recently it will always the sky movies pass to me

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

commanda6 wrote:Hi @Jason-C

...What we really need is to be able to see the expiry date for formerly pass content like we can with entertainment pass content.....

Agreed 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What we really need is to be able to see the expiry date for formerly pass content like we can with entertainment pass content. 

@ChaoticLotus   @Jason-C  Try these unofficial sources.  I often check them before decding what to watch next.

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php  - Cinema with expiry Dates

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/ - Entertainment with expiry Dates

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I now have two disappointed children who started watching the clone wars, and now can't understand why the whole section is empty, THANK YOU!!

every episode was used as an incentive, and there were plenty of episodes to keep this going for a long time!!!!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I now have two disappointed children who started watching the clone wars, and now can't understand why the whole section is empty, THANK YOU!!

every episode was used as an incentive, and there were plenty of episodes to keep this going for a long time!!!!

Hi @Anonymous User

When the star was episodes (clone Wars and rebels) become available they are only ever available for 60 to 90 days at a time . Due to rights restrictions.   unlike entertainment pass content. We cannot see when cinema pass content is going to expire. Believe me expiry dates on cinema pass content is something many of us have asked for but have yet to see.

Slightly better news is, although I know this doesn't help you at the moment. The Star Wars TV episodes were almost certainly come back at some point. NowTV tends to have them two or three times a year. So if you keep a very close eye on the content library. You might be able to spot them when they come back. The Star Wars TV episodes will probably come back sometime after Star Wars rebels season three has finished on Disney XD.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have the Star Wars Clone Wars seasons been removed in Feb 2017? Bit gutted they were only there for such a short time: certainly not longer enough to watch all the seasons. Will they come back????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same question. Disappointed there was again no warning. Will the clone wars and rebels be back soon?