cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Star Wars

Hi, I only subscribe to Nowtv because you had all the Star Wars films, but when I've gone to watch them this week with my time off work I've found you only have Rogue one. Christmas time without Star Wars is like not having stuffing on your Christmas dinner! Why did you choose this time to pull the films? I'm going to cancel my subscription as it's just not worth £10 a month with no Star Wars. I hope I'm not the only person that speaks up.
8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well SW

Now TV did not choose to pull all those Star Wars films, the rights to show them expired.  Any film or TV show that Now TV streams can only be shown for a limited time, in agreement with the copyright holders, and once that time is up permission to continue streaming is automatically withdrawn.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you decide to resubscribe when/if the films come back, you may find it cheaper to use a gift card. They have them in Tesco.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User if you decide to resubscribe when/if the films come back, you may find it cheaper to use a gift card. They have them in Tesco.

Hi @Anonymous User

I wouldn't be surprised if the Star Wars films reappear in May (may the fourth be with you).  Make sure to check the content library before you resubscribe. Nobody needs a NowTV account or an active pass to see what is in/browse the content library. You only need a NowTV account and the relevant pass to  watch content 

And as @4268 , has said if you resubscribe use vouchers/gift cards because It's cheaper. Just make sure you go for the two month movies pass has that works out at £7.50 per monthSmiley Wink 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So if I’m to belive your post you pay £120 a year to just watch Star Wars if that’s true I’d suggest buying the films on your favourite streaming platform or dvd/blu ray you’ll save a fortune

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So if I’m to belive your post you pay £120 a year to just watch Star Wars if that’s true I’d suggest buying the films on your favourite streaming platform or dvd/blu ray you’ll save a fortune

@Anonymous User , who is your post aimed at? 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

obviously the op, paying a tenner a month for Star Wars films when you can buy them for less is pointless.  

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

obviously the op, paying a tenner a month for Star Wars films when you can buy them for less is pointless.  

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User thanks for confirming Smiley Happy

And reflection, I probably was being a bit of a Muppet that I've had quite a strange daySmiley Indifferent

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It isn't a question of paying £120 per annum willingly. Every time I subscribe to the Movie/Entertainment options I lose access as soon as the 1st payment is made. When I got the Entertainment pass in June it was October before I got full access to my account and cancelled. I had no choice but to pay for 5 unwanted months. My account will be cancelled in about 1-2 weeks and I shall not return. Happy New Year Everyone!!.