cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what's coming up in September? :)

Hey again everyone, I hope you're all well & have enjoyed the long Bank Holiday weekend Smiley Happy

What awesome films can we now look forward to Sky Cinema getting throughout September? Smiley Happy

94 REPLIES 94
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Well it just so happens to be on the NOW TV Cinema Pass at the moment *cough cough* *nudge nudge* 😉

.... Go on, you know you want to make it 10/10 😄

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Considering i am not a big horror nut, i was quietly surprised that out of their top 20, i have seen 15 of those listed movies.

The movies that i haven't seen out of the top twenty are.

Rosemary's Baby (I think i will check it out on NowTV) and achieve my 10/10 badge Smiley Very Happy

Suspiria.

Don't Look Now.

The Innocents.

Let the Right One In.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Ye The Innocents is the one I haven't seen (it's an adaptation of Turn of the Screw which there's been quite a lot of over the years so you may well have seen one). Don't Look Now is on every top horror list (you'll ever look at a kid in a red rain mac in quite the same way again) but the one I would definitely recommend you look out for is Let the Right One In, one of my all-time favourites (I say that a lot!) and you'll see it made the top spot in my top 5 kids performances mentioned in this very thread!

It's a Swedish film so if you don't like subtitles you could catch the US remake Let Me In which despite being a remake is well worth watching.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I just finished watching Kong Skull Island on Blu-ray and the picture quality was amazing (definitely a demo disk if you have a top notch display) i would even go to say it's one of the best looking pictures i have every seen, where i have seen loads of Blu-rays in my time Smiley Happy

Sound quality was equally impressive on my AV Receiver with plenty of surround and base effects and i also enjoyed some of the music sound tracks from 1973 (especially the Black Sabbath track) Smiley Very Happy

Also, thoroughly enjoyed the movie and like you said it's no Oscar winner, but a great popcorn movie.

My favourite character in the film was John C Reilly Smiley Happy

BTW - I have just added another movie star to my crush list (nuff said) Smiley Wink 

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Andy@schnapps

61(ish)! But my memory is quite bad. 😛

In the top 20, I also haven't seen Suspiria or The Innocents.

My worst showing was in the 61-70 group. I think I've only seen 28 Days Later and The Cabinet of Dr Caligari out of that lot.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C Impressed you've seen Dr Caligari, where did you see that? Fuzzy YouTube rip?

Thought you would have caught Suspiria tho, Argento's best film in my opinion (altho Phenomena is also phenomenal and a guilty pleasure of mine - see what I did there?)

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Andy

It was actually only in the last couple of years! My partner had a digital copy from somewhere - she works in theatre and education, so has access to some random things. The film is all a bit mad. 🙂

Will put Suspiria on my list!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you managed to watch Trainspotting T2 yet @Lindzi ?

If so, i was wondering if you enjoyed the movie or wasn't too fussed about it ?

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @schnapps

Yes I watched it on Saturday. I am not sure if I enjoyed it for the film itself or the nostalgia of it, more likely a bit of both, but either way I thought it was great. Loved the flashbacks to the original film and the soundtrack.

Totally the right decision to leave the sequel for so long, although Spud has not aged well has he! Smiley Happy

All in all a couple of hours well spent and I may watch it again before my cinema pass runs out at the end of the month Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi

I really enjoyed the movie and watched it twice over the weekend (which is unusual for me) Smiley Happy

Thought Begbie and Spud was the characters that i liked best in T2 Smiley Happy

These are my two most enjoyable scenes in the movie.

Spoiler
1. When Renton and Begbie were in the Nightclub toilet cubicles next to each other, where they started to mouth off to each other behind the cubicle partition wall, then realising who the voices were, their face expressions and reactions was hilarious.

2. When Begibe asked Spud to read some of his past stories about the gang in his flat and Spud got to the part where he had to read the bit where Begbie Wet his Trousers" well you could see Spuds face just dropped thinking he's going kill me and Begibe said Yeah i remember that night carry on with the story this is good stuff you are writing Spud Smiley Very Happy

Going to revist the original Trainspotting movie which i haven't seen in years, once it shows up on either Now TV, Netflix or Amazon Prime Video (fingers crossed it will turn up on one of my subscription streaming services) Smiley Wink