cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what's coming up in September? :)

Hey again everyone, I hope you're all well & have enjoyed the long Bank Holiday weekend Smiley Happy

What awesome films can we now look forward to Sky Cinema getting throughout September? Smiley Happy

94 REPLIES 94
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@caseyb1993

The only other film that I cannot watch is the original Halloween film, I think it's the music and the white blank mask, it just gives me the fear

Oh you're right @Lindzi Hallowwen is one of my top 5 horrors of all time, and you're absolutely right that music, the steadicam, the faceless horror and the long build up before things kick up ratchets the tension, still one of the best slashers.

@schnapps Did you ever get round to watching it again on Lovefilm? Did it live up to my recommendation?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Yeah, i did watch Halloween again on Blu-ray and i must admit i really enjoyed it and the flim definitely still stands up today with current horror movies IMO.

The picture and sound quality was also fantastic watching on Blu-ray compared to when i watched this movie last on a Video Nasty VHS Smiley Very Happy

Also, got my Lovefilm Blu-ray lined up for tonight (Kong - Skull Island) have you seen it yet ? 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Andy

Also, got my Lovefilm Blu-ray lined up for tonight (Kong - Skull Island) have you seen it yet ? 

@schnapps have you seriously asked him that? 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

I was in two minds asking him the question, where i haven't got the fascination about chimps like @Andy, but i have been looking forward to watching this movie ever since i added it to my Lovefilm rental list Smiley Very Happy

Never seen a bad King Kong movie, hopefully this film won't disappoint Smiley Happy

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi really enjoyed Halloween, one of the best Horror movies made. 

I also liked the first scream thought that was very good. 

I really enjoyed Kong Skull Island was a great adaptaion and think I prefered it to the peter jackson version. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F @Anonymous User @Andy @caseyb1993 @Lindzi @ukbobboy

Just out of curiosity how many of these Top 100 Horror movies selected by Rotten Tomatoes have you seen ?

I have gone through the list and i have seen about 41 from memory.

Note sure that i would class something like Gremlins has horror Smiley Very Happy

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/top_100_horror_movies/

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

Only 28 for me, I thought that about Gremlins too. Weird that was on the list but I enjoyed that film as a kid

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

56 on that list (bit disappointed!) but I have to say it's a little too skewed by popular culture for my opinion - Get Out is a great, surprising original horror and the best horror of the year in my opinion, but I'd hardly put it at number one.

PS Gremlins is absolutely a horror film in my eyes, it's a great modern day creature feature to sit alongside the classic monster squad of Frankenstein, Wolf-Man, The Creature from the Black Lagoon etc. Then again with an avatar like mine I would say that! 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Karl-F @Lindzi @caseyb1993

I'm more in agreement with this Time Out list personally, got all the classics I can think of (anybody else seen Freaks?) altho I can still only manage 59 (quite pleased with 19 of the top 20 tho). The problem with the older films is they are often deleted on DVD or only available on VHS making them difficult to grab hold of. Altho at the risk of upsetting the NOW TV Team Shudder do a great job of streaming some old, rare classics of the genre!

https://www.timeout.com/london/film/how-many-of-the-100-best-horror-films-have-you-seen

@Jason-C likes his horror, I'd be interested to know how many he's watched! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

From the link, i have watched 35 out of the 100 listed.

I have managed to see 9 out of their top 10 rated Horror movies (the only one in the top 10 that i haven't watched is Rosemary's Baby) Smiley Very Happy