cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what's coming up in September? :)

Hey again everyone, I hope you're all well & have enjoyed the long Bank Holiday weekend Smiley Happy

What awesome films can we now look forward to Sky Cinema getting throughout September? Smiley Happy

94 REPLIES 94
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Mind you @Lindzi it might cut down on Arya's endless treks around the countryside a bit, I wouldn't have minded cutting some of that out, I was starting to feel like I was walking every ruddy mile with her! 😄

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  ha ha that is sooo true!! I could have done without the "I am no one" bits too....still don't really get it! 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Lindzi @caseyb1993 @schnapps @Andy

Cheers Linzi

Your GoT advice seems spot on, I guess I could wait until December and then do a marathon binge watch.

As for the Strain, yes I would recommend it.  It certainly has a new take on the vampire genre, and I love it.

Still, my taste may be a bit "conservative" so rather than just me giving advice check out what the other forum members are saying about it. I binge watched season 1 and 2 of the Strain, loved it, went though of bit of withdrawal, didn't know when season 3 was going to appear, now S3 is here and I'm happy again.

Later.

UK Bob

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @ukbobboy  I will give The Strain a go and see if it's for me

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

If you like The Walking Dead, then you will definitely enjoy The Strain Smiley Happy

Personally i much prefer The Strain over TWD, where the last few Seasons of TWD for me (apart from a couple of episodes has become monotonous IMO).

Already seen Season 3 of The Strain on the W HD channel (where Season 3 is just has good as the previous two seasons).

Can't wait for Season 4 of The Strain (hopefully NowTV can secure the broadcasting rights) which i am looking forward too more than TWD.

I am not a big fan of both Rick or Ephraim sons in either shows where they are both a liability and i keep wishing the writers would kill them off which would make my day ( won't happen thou) Smiley Mad

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps 

Thanks, yes I love TWD! Do not love Carl and I too wish bad things for him, which is mean of me but come on stop being so annoying!

Looking forward to checking out, especially as you think it's better than TWD. Hopefully the full box set will not disappear soon, I will check on @Anonymous User 's site to avoid disappointment Smiley Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@schnapps 

Thanks, yes I love TWD! Do not love Carl and I too wish bad things for him, which is mean of me but come on stop being so annoying!

Looking forward to checking out, especially as you think it's better than TWD. Hopefully the full box set will not disappear soon, I will check on @Anonymous User 's site to avoid disappointment Smiley Happy

@schnapps @Lindzi come on now Carl was annoying in the first couple of seasons, but he is much better than he used to be.

Spoiler
I mean he tried to kill Neagan before anybody else did.

I actually think he is now one of the better characters on the show as he has been there since the beginning and other than Rick has probably had the most character development.

Controversial I knowSmiley Very Happy

EDIT

I've included a spoiler tag just in case people haven't got that far yet

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hang on @commanda6 are you trying to recruit supporters to your Pro-Carl cause behind my back? 😮 Surely there's a house rule against that somewhere ... *thumbs through guidelines*

As for you @Lindzi I thought we were committed to the greater good, and now at the first opportunity you're considering defecting. I'll be bringing up your actions at the next Anti-Carl Alliance board meeting 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi  @Andy

No defection over here, I am still a member of the cause Smiley Happy

But I did say that I would try and see some good in him, and I really will, but I don't hold out too much hope as not seen any up until now. You never know, Carl may do something so stupid in this season that @commanda6 will join the Anti-Carl Alliance and booster our ranks Smiley LOL

ukbobboy
Legend

@Lindzi @Andy @commanda6 @schnapps @caseyb1993

Guys

I'm not only in the "I hate Carl Alliance", I am also in the "I hate trouble making, whiny, noisy and annoying kids in films and TV shows".  Let me explain, whenever an annoying kid appears nothing ever happens to "it", especially if it's screaming or doing something stupid in the face of danger, it may get it's face a little dirty, but it will not get eaten by the big bad.

The same goes for "cute" little animals, no matter how "juicy/tasty" it will not get eaten by the ravenous monster.

(That's why I dislike Steven Spielberg films)

The next thing I can't stand, mainly in horror films, you have a victim running away from the monster/villain, but for some unknown reason the victim always trips over something and falls to the ground, even if there's nothing to trip over, and so giving the slow moving monster time to catch up to the victim.

I've got a few other pet peeves but this will do for now.

UK Bob