cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Now streaming is awful

As the title states. I bought a 4k TV recently and have been trying different streaming services, Sky Now being one of them, one of the worst in fact.

I TRIED to watch Captain America: Civil War last night, the film is approx 2 and a half hours long, it took almost 3 hours to get through and most of it in such a low quality that subtitles and eventually the credits were utterly incomprehensible.

This means I've paid almost £10 for the right to 'watch' films of such terrible stream quality that they are rendered pointless.

Is this an isolated case? I'm with BT, Infinity 2 (approx 45MB) so it really shouldn't be down to internet speeds. If this is widespread then I'll be asking g for a refund and advising everyone to do the same.
6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it could be due to WiFi speeds, clogged channel for example.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response and the link to chat, however I don't believe this is the solution. Have no issues with WiFi anywhere else or with any other streaming service (Netflix/Prime etc)
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for your response and the link to chat, however I don't believe this is the solution. Have no issues with WiFi anywhere else or with any other streaming service (Netflix/Prime etc)

Hi @Anonymous User

While it may not specifically be a Wi-Fi issue. The fact that you're with BT means there could be another cause. On BT routers. There is a feature called 'smart setup' this has been known to interfere with NowTV and it's possible it could be the cause of your issue. You could try disabling smart setup on your router . I've seen NowTV staff members recommend this in the past.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off%3F

There's no harm in trying

Do post back and let people know how you get onSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give this a go when I'm back home later, thanks for the suggestion!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No this is not unusual in my experience. Sometimes it works fine and other times quality of picture is really poor.  What really annoys me is that they don't admit it.   Oh well such is modern life - customer service is everything except when it costs them money.  All we can do is cancel and hope SKY goes down with their own ship.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and before they say its all the fault of your equipment - crap - just updated the NOW app as well.