cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Movies subscription vs Now TV Movies pass

I briefly tried Sky Movies TV package on Virgin for £7 a month (trial period) and cancelled as it was SD. Full price HD (720p) Sky Movies was going to be £27 a month full price.

As far as I can see the movie rotation matches the content on Now TV movies which is £10 for HD (1080p?) on which you can watch what you want, when you want.

Am I missing something? Is there more to the cable/satellite version of Sky Movies threat justifies nearly 3 times the cost of Now TV movies?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One streamer that has free catchup tv , now tv, netflix and amazon prime video , roku
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not quite. Roku in the UK does not support Amazon Prime. License deal I guess. It was the reason I went Apple over Roku as at least I can AirPlay prime to the Apple TV.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Roku now supports Amazon Prime in the UK.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/10/roku-amazon-prime-video/

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hmm, interesting timing considering the Apple TV 4 launched November. Ah well, I'll have to stick with AirPlay for now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hmm, interesting timing considering the Apple TV 4 launched November. Ah well, I'll have to stick with AirPlay for now.

Nothing interesting about it...Woman Tongue

Sky UK and Amazon UK agreed to support each others apps with a few rules ...

Fire tablets then got Sky go... equal trade off between two companies...

true.png

Screenshot_2016-01-24-08-43-49.png