Occasional Poster

Re: Recommend a movie on Now TV

Hi 

Its not so much of reccomanding a film but as a paying subscriber like many of you I was wondering how many of you like a horro film and have noticed that in the horror section there seems to be less and less horrors and loads of action and comedy etc. I am trying to get now tv to add some more horrors and instead of removing them and not replacing them they should have the same amount of films in each category so each paying subscriber will have a choice of there favourite section or wats the point in paying for something that isn't meeting your expectations.

Thanks

Expert 5

Andy wrote:

Great to a see 'When The Lights Went Out' appear on NOW TV.

@Andy  I finally got myself a Movies Pass and watched this.  Decent little chiller with a fine cast.  Thanks for the recommendation.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Legend 2

@DarylM

Glad you enjoyed it, I've seen how much you enjoyed The Enfield Haunting so I'm not surprised you liked When The Lights Went Out in fact I enjoyed the film more than Enfield - Enfield was well done but all the supernatural guff about Maurice's daughter put me off - I can understand why they did it, given that in reality there was no conclusion with just a gradual cessation of events, but still that kind of feel good ending spoilt it for me. Will be interesting to see how TheConjuring tackles the subject next year!

Legend 2

@Lisagreen92

yeah, I see where you're coming from, although I don't  think the selection is too bad. I enjoy horrors and scifi mostly as well, and we are a little hard done by compared to romantic comedies and family films! Still I think it reflects what's coming out in the cinema with a pretty poor selection of horrors recently, I haven't seen a horror film at the cinema since last year. 

Ouija has just turned up which is entertaining if somewhat derivative, Curse of Chucky was a very pleasant surprise, much darker and more serious in tone (I'm a big fan of the series anyway but this was quite unexpected and different in a good way), and Treehouse was surprisingly good in the first half, although like so many horror films in general let down by a poor ending.

Expert 5

I really enjoyed Life Partners.  It's an American indie film abot two women whose friendship is tested when one of them meets a guy.

I must admit that these low-key but well-made films which probably never got a cinema release in the UK are my favourite kind of films to watch on a Sunday afternoon at home.

They're a little bit more difficult to seek out now that I can't browse the shelves of Blockbuster.  This is where having trailers on the listings pages of individual films would be useful.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Elite 3

Watched Ghost last night (dvd) for the millionth time last night so if you haven't seen it, then where have you been? Woman Sad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Legend 2

caseyb1993 wrote:

Watched Ghost last night (dvd) for the millionth time last night so if you haven't seen it, then where have you been? Woman Sad

@caseyb1993 I've been watching Game of Thones like you should have been, not wasting your time with slushy nonsense! Smiley Wink

as as for a real film, I watched Mad Max the other night, not seen the films for SO many years, glad to see they still give a good evening's popcorn entertainment! Looking forward to catching up on a bit of Tina soon! Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Elite 3

[ Edited ]

@Andy I'm halfway through G.O.T which does seem better to watch this time around (i didn't forget my promise Heart).

There are so many shows that I am watching that don't have alot of time left so I am concentrating on those, (I think G.O.T has until early next year Cat Happy) I just thought I'd switch NOWTV to one of my favourite films for one evening Smiley Wink

I saw Mad Max: Fury Road in the cinema not too long ago- pretty good but I admit that the original is king! 

You did not just call my Ghost slushy nonsense! GRRRRRRRR Woman Sad Woman Sad Heart

Seriously though, my head is slowly turning into game of thrones, I hope the end of the season is good otherwise it would be for nothing. Smiley Frustrated

1412381723ghost-sex1-jpg (2).jpg

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Legend 2

@caseyb1993

caseyb1993 wrote:

There are so many shows that I am watching that don't have alot of time left so I am concentrating on those

Thats true, I'm getting behind on loads of shows at the moment. Zoo is my new favourite at the mo! Keep up the good work on GoT, I'll expect significant progress by Xmas! Smiley Wink

caseyb1993 wrote:

You did not just call my Ghost slushy nonsense! GRRRRRRRR Woman Sad Woman Sad Heart

As for trying to convert me to Ghost, you've got no chance ... I'd rather watch Casper the Friendly Ghost! Smiley Very Happy 

image.jpg

Elite 3

[ Edited ]

@Andy I LOVE Casper! The soundtrack is amazing Heart 

I used to love the cartoon too. 

I'm hooked on Switched at Birth but being only on season 2 and having only until next month to finish the whole series, I doubt, i'll manage that. Plus a 1000 other shows and movies. Woman Sad

I should be done with G.O.T for xmas Smiley Wink