Expert 5

Re: Recommend a movie on Now TV

For those looking for a different type of Christmas film, I suggest checking out the Xmas Naughty List

Almost Christmas is a worthwhile watch for fans of indie cinema and Paul Giamatti.

Bad Santa is definitely on the Naughty List.  Not one to watch with Grandma.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Expert 5

Definitely agree with you there on Bad Santa lol!  Very funny film.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Expert 5

I have just watched a hidden gem from 2014 (which isn't in the Hidden Gems 2014 collection):

Time Lapse is a great little timey-wimey thriller.  It's about 3 flatmates who discover a device which can take a photo of events 24 hours in the future - leading them into increasingly murky situations.  Think Shallow Grave meets Primer (or TimeCrimes).

It's very tense and clever in a what-would-you-do kinda way.  And it features an ending which I defy you to see coming.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

Now TV Movies should be offering the latest and greatest,

Some good suggestions but I am also reading old movies, whilst they may be good movies they are movies pretty much many of us have seen therefore no real benefit to people to subscribe.

Now TV needs to keep up with the Market (Both legal and illegal market)
Whilst Now TV cannot offer movies that are on illegal websites, it needs to make those movies available as soon as legally possible.

Whilst ISPs have been instructed to block access to these sites many crop back up with a new IP address / Domain therefore always one step behind, that and Proxy server accesses and VPN to bypass the ISP firewalls

Its supply and demand.
Also websites such as Youtube are offering more and more movies both old and new so this type of service really needs to step up its game if it wishes to survive as a business otherwise risks failing

Only a suggestion and tip otherwise this service may end up as OnDigital did
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Digital

Expert 5

[ Edited ]
Hi @Devilzwishbone

Thanks for taking the time to post & providing your feedback. If NOW TV were to offer more recent releases the cost would rocket. If you look at iTunes for example, to rent a newer release costs around £4.50 just for that one movie in HD & a slightly lower price for the SD version. With NOW TV you are getting unlimited access to their catalogue for £10 a month. For me, it's about weighing up value for money & even after the price increase, I feel it''s good value so stayed with the service. Also if you do feel NOW TV just isn't what you want or not good value, you can cancel there & then & you don't have the hassle of being tied in by a contract.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Champion 5

@DarylM Time Lapse was a great little recommendation, I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, it may be low budget but it had me intrigued and gripped from the very beginning! Thanks! Smiley Happy
Expert 5

It's only 6 minutes long, but I have to recommend Pixar's The Blue Umbrella.

The opening few shots look like live action - but they're not.  The CG animation in this is fantastic and is, at points, truly photo-realistic.

Expert 5

I'd like to recommend Captain Phillips, it's not a film I was keen to see at all, but I watched it at a friend's house & thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the better films I've warched in a while.
Thanks!
Expert 5

I was looking for films with an alternative take on the end of the world and I found Goodbye World and Aftermath.

I went with Goodbye World.  It's one of those indie movies where a group of friends gather together to discuss their lives and relationships.  Compared to their personal issues with each other, the collapse of civilisation is a bit of a sideshow.

Depending on your taste, this approach will either infuriate or provide a greater sense of realism.  It stars Ben McKenzie (who plays James Gordon in Gotham).

If anyone has seen Aftermath, please let me know if it's any good.  Thanks.

Expert 5

Fans of The West Wing will probably enjoy Knife Fight.  It's a political drama about 3 election races with Rob Lowe managing all 3 campaigns.  There are various dirty tricks involved about what it takes to win and discredit the opponent.  Richard Schiff has a supporting role.