cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quality of Subtitles

Hi,

It is great to hear that subtitles are slowly growing on Now TV (especially the movies) however the quality of the subtitles are not 100% on all the films.

I currently use Now TV on Apple TV and the Samsung Now TV app and have noticed missing sentences whilst watching the Star War films (have watched the first four episodes so far).

Have the others experienced the same issue?

Cheers,

Ad81

5 REPLIES 5
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 You are a star wars fan, have you noticed on your devices? 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

It is great to hear that subtitles are slowly growing on Now TV (especially the movies) however the quality of the subtitles are not 100% on all the films.

I currently use Now TV on Apple TV and the Samsung Now TV app and have noticed missing sentences whilst watching the Star War films (have watched the first four episodes so far).

Have the others experienced the same issue?

Cheers,

Ad81

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 . I have only ever noticed of this issue once on movies and that was on Star Wars the force awakens. But when I rewound the movie to replay the offending section to see if the issue would occur again It did not far as. I can see this is something that is very uncommon. But it does look like a subtitle, audio sync issue . I did report that very occasionally subtitles were falling out of sync with audio when I was on the subtitles trial. 

Unfortunately subtitles going out of sync is not that uncommon. It happens on Netflix occasionally as well

What I recommend you do is create "subtitles out of sync" topics in the entertainment and movies boards and report to when you have subtitle sync issues and exactly on what content and you're having issues with and rougher timestamps when the issue occurred that way. NowTV can look to see if there's any specific problems with the content files. But from what I've seen, I don't think there's anything wrong with the content files themselves.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

Unfortunately subtitles going out of sync is not that uncommon. It happens on Netflix occasionally as well

@commanda6 I've noticed that on my Korean dramas. That is expected though. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Hi Commanda6,

Thank you for your input, in my case the subtitles remained in sync however every 5 minutes, one or two sentences are missing subtitles (looks like the subtitles froze), it is happening both on Apple TV and Samsung NowTV app so it cannot be the device alone.

As you have suggested, i will monitor the subtitles (and will check the non-Star War films), create a time log and post another topic on this forum.

Regards,

Ad81

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6

Hi Commanda6,

Thank you for your input, in my case the subtitles remained in sync however every 5 minutes, one or two sentences are missing subtitles (looks like the subtitles froze), it is happening both on Apple TV and Samsung NowTV app so it cannot be the device alone.

As you have suggested, i will monitor the subtitles (and will check the non-Star War films), create a time log and post another topic on this forum.

Regards,

Ad81

Hi @Anonymous User

to me that sounds like the NowTV app occasionally has trouble playing the subtitle track for a few seconds and then sorts itself out. Which sounds very much like the problem I had with the force awakens might also explain why the issue didn't occur again when RW , the film and replayed the offending section. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.