cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paying for two accounts in error

So we have just bought a now tv smartbox and have got our three month free entertainment pass. I setthisbox up in my name as a new account. 

Didn't  realise that I needed to use my partners account as we've been paying for the movies for Six Months through our old talktalk box... (Can't remember old account details but have direct debit proof that we've been paying for months)

How do I swap the movie subscription to our new box/ account 

really new to all this tech and having trouble actually speaking to a person from now tv!!!

thanks. 

Emma 

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User cancel this account and sign in with your partner's details, obviously with their permission.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have forgotten the username and password on your Talk Talk YouView box, then go into the NowTV App on the Talk Talk  box and under " My Account" you should hopefully see your "sign in" account details username (assuming you haven't logged out on the App when checking).

Should you have forgotten the password relating to the username on the Talk Talk box NowTV App, then this guide below explains how to retrieve your username or password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/forgotten-login-details

To retrieve your username or password you will need permission from the person who is the account holder on the nowtv account.

If you have followed @4268 instructions and have cancelled your 3 month entertainment pass (don't worry you still will get the full 3 months of the entertainment pass) you will have to log into your nowtv box with your same account details which you used when setting up the entertainment pass for watching entertainment shows.

Then when you want to watch movies on the nowtv box you will have to sign in with the same username details on your Talk Talk box.

Also, i am guessing you already realise that you can't watch entertainment shows on the Talk Talk box (only movies are available on the YouView platform).

Then once you 3 month entertainment pass voucher is up, and if you wish to either buy another entertainment pass or apply a new entertainment voucher then just use your partners account details (ie the account details on the Talk Talk box) then after this period you will only have to use your partners username account details in the future.

Unfortunately, i don't think that NowTV can somehow transfer your 3 month entertainment pass automatically onto your partners existing account, which would have been the ideal solution.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Should have read your post in more detail that you want to use the new account details and not your older partners account details sorry.

If you want to use your new account details in the future that you used for setting up the nowtv smart box with the 3 month entertainment pass.

Then when watching movies on the nowtv smart box you will have to sign into the nowtv smart box with the username and password that you used previously on Talk Talk box (ie your partners account details) and when you want to watch an entertainment show, you will have to log out and resign back in again with your new account details which you used in setting up the smart box with the entertainment pass.

You will have to keep doing this until your partners older username details on the cinema pass runs out (make sure before the 6 month cinema pass expires that you cancel this cinema pass or after the six months it will keep auto renewing each month until you cancel).

Then in the future, if you purchase or apply any new entertainment, cinema, kids or sports passes / vouchers you can use the new account that you used setting up the smart box. 

Just remember you don't need to purchase another cinema pass or voucher until your partners movie pass runs out and you have cancelled the pass.

With the Talk Talk box, keep using your current partners username details and once the existing movie pass runs out, then start using your new account details (as previously mentioned you will only be able to watch movies on the Talk Talk box).

Not sure if there is a simpler way, unless somebody else has got a better suggestion (it's a shame nowtv can't automatically transfer the existing cinema pass to your new account, might be wrong but i don't think this is possible) ?