cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pass purchase that I didn't order...

Hello, I received an email today saying that I had purchased a Cinema pass?! But I didn't. The email sending confirmation of this was from [email removed]. When I went in and canceled it, the confirmation for cancellation was from [email removed].

Has my account been hacked or is this something that Sky is doing? I have added a PIN code and reset my password too.

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Looking at your screenshot you've had a free pass ie not been charged, are you sure somebody hasn't applied a voucher code or promo offer to the account recently. Check your My Account > My Payments page and My Account > My Passes to verify you haven't been charged and see what kind of offer is listed under Cinema Pass.

It's unlikely you've been hacked, but check under My Account > Manage Devices to see if yu see any unexpected devices added, and if you are still concerned pop onto live chat and have a word with them.You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, it's only me and the wife in the home. None of us have ordered anything. If it happens again, I will simply close the account. Many thanks for your help. Steve.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I have received the same thing. I didn't ask to start a free Sky Cinema Month Pass trial (with automatic billing if I don't cancel, of course...), Now TV just sent me an email saying I had one, which would bill at 9.99 per month at the end of the trial, with the usual small print about having to go through the help section to cancel it etc.

I logged into my account and the 2 month trial pass is there - but it has "Cancelled" at the top. In fact, this is what it says:

Cancelled
You can keep watching until your offer ends on 17 Feb 2018
You won't be charged for this pass again. We're always adding new movies to our exciting collection – and you can come back anytime.

There is then a button to "Restart" the pass below.

I assume (hope?) this means that I have to restart the trial pass for it to kick in and that if I do nothing and don't watch Sky Movies, I won't be billed. However, the email does not explain this and it is not what it implies, so at the very least I am now going to have to waste my time contacting Now TV support to make absolutely sure I am not going to be billed. I can't see how it is legal to start a trial without someone actively signing up for it, but I'm still going to have to check, because they have my credit card information.

Now TV didn't send me an email offering a free 2 months pass - followed by clear instructions on how to sign up for it, with terms and conditions - what it looks like they have done is send an email deliberately designed to mislead and confuse. I can only imagine they think this is going to entice more people into the trial, but it just comes across like a scam - a confidence trick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received the same offer as the OP, I originally had the entertainment package which I cancelled a couple of months ago and now received the 4 month free cinema pass. I'm not happy at the way they say my account will be charged unless I cancel, why is it up to be to prevent my account being charged for something I haven't asked for.

I notice that no one from NowTv has repled to this thread, is that a sign of guilt?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem. I got an email the other day saying I have got a free entertainment pass and after two months I will be charged

I did not order this, and because "live chat" and "send a message" does not work on my account (NOW TV don't seem to be able to fix this) it's been a nightmare trying to contact them and do anything about it.

And of course it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to remove your card details from them

What a crap system

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion.

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I don't fall into that category, I purchased a entertainment pass with my box, enabled it and used it for a few months. I did cancel the pass as I didn't think it gave good value for money.

Pleased the auto renew function will be disabled as I'm not likely to enable this pass 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi... Well please answer my question and my problem...

I cancelled Cinema and Sport after I had run a month free on voucher codes and the system just automatically renewed. I then cancelled Cinema and Sport on 04-12-2017 and had an email confirmation stating that they were cancelled and that to reactivate I must just go into "My Account".

On 07 12 2017 I had my broadband and services restricted due to a missed payment and on 11-12-2017 I paid by phone and had confirmation from agent that all was on-track and January bill would be higher due to December catch up payment needing to be done. 11-01-2018 was agreed debit order date.

I get an email today saying my debit order for December has not gone through today (30-12-2017) and that services will be restricted if I don't pay in 7 days and I see there is Cinema and Sport back on my account. I contacted Now TV and was told that when the billing system restricted my services on the 07 12 2017 it automatically cancels any instructions and that IT IS UP TO ME, THE CLIENT, TO KNOW that I must cancel again after restrictions are lifted.

DO YOU EXPECT CLIENTS TO UNDERSTAND YOUR BILLING SYSTEMS... I sounds like everything at NOW TV (NO TV) is a CON, DEVIOUS TRADING STANDARDS, TRICKERY and even BLACKMAIL...

I am shocked by all I have read on Inetrnet, and this Forum, about NOw TV and devious marketing etc...