cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oscars (Urgent)

Trying to watch Sky Movies Oscars. It says it's trying to obain a license, and then fails. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same problem... whats going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User which device are you trying to watch on? And if it's a laptop / pc, what operating system and anti virus do you have? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Watching on Laptop. Internet explorer.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which version of Windows? 8 and 10 have a Windows App which I'd suggest using instead of Silverlight, as it's a lot less hassle.

If you've got Windows 7 or earlier are you using Avast antivirus? As that's causing issues with NOW TV this weekend.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Using the newest version of Windows, and have McAfee anti virus.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just use the dedicated Windows App then. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for all your help!! 👍🏻
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem as after doing the 14 day free trial in order to watch the Oscars on the dedicated channel, I can see it, click on it, it starts loading and then has the same silverlight error message every time and the majority of times I tried also with a suspicious item being flagged up by avast. I have just done what was suggested by a responder above and it has not worked. I am livid and have sent an email to Now TV only to find it has failed to deliver as it says they do not check incoming emails. Then why have it say in the help section that they can be contacted via email if they can't! Please can someone tell me how to get my email through to Now TV as apart from the fact that this does not work I have asked them to cancel the 14 day free trial as I am NOT going to have them then starting to charge £9.99 thereafter. I repeat livid is an understatement (and I am missing the Oscars to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Thanks, Georgina

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User and anyone else I may have missed.

We are really sorry to hear that you all encountered issues when trying to view the Oscars. If you missed them we do have highlights available OnDemand.

In regards to the problem you all had if you have Avest as your Anti-Virus software the recent update to this has created an issue that our teams are looking into.

To get round this we do have a workaround : 

• Open Avast
  • Go to Settings
  • Under General select Exclusions
  • Select the URL Tab
  • Enter *.nowtv.com/* (including the stars)
  • Hit OK
  • Restart Browser

If you have a different AntiVirus can you let us know in the comments below.

Thanks

Andy