cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV does not recognise that I have a subscription

I signed up for the Sky Cinema 2 months at £5 a month deal that's been floating around, and have come to watch a film with it now (Star Wars: The Force Awakens if it helps) and it asks me to sign up to a free 14 day trial every time I try to watch a film. I've tried signing in and out, this was completed hours ago (the transaction). Can anyone help?

The bill states 

1 x 2 Month Cinema ARO (Video Download) 

charged £5.00 from my account on 11/01/2017.

What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

One possible reason is that you might be signed into the device you are wanting to watch on with a different username to the one you bought the offer with.

Just to check, on the website if you go to your My Account >My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes
you can see your Cinema Pass showing as active?

If so, go to your My Account > Account Details page http://account.nowtv.com/account-details and check what username you are logged in as.

Then on your device open up the NOW TV app and go to the My Account screen and check the username there. If they don't match, use the sign out option and then sign in with the same username on the website.

Even if they do match, it might be worth signing out and back in on the box to see if it picks up your pass then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to sort it?

@Anonymous User wrote:

I signed up for the Sky Cinema 2 months at £5 a month deal that's been floating around, and have come to watch a film with it now (Star Wars: The Force Awakens if it helps) and it asks me to sign up to a free 14 day trial every time I try to watch a film. I've tried signing in and out, this was completed hours ago (the transaction). Can anyone help?

The bill states 

1 x 2 Month Cinema ARO (Video Download) 

charged £5.00 from my account on 11/01/2017.

What am I missing?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why this is happening to you is because you've somehow created more than one NOW TV account and you have not logged into your 'active' NOW TV account (ie: the account with your current and/or old passes).

Ideally you should be using the same log-in 'user name' (not to be confused with your forum name or email name) and 'password' across all your NOW TV playback devices including this forum.

Cheers