cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Offers For Loyal Customers - Not Great!

Firstly I like the service.

My usage consists of wanting the entertainment pack simply to watch Only Fools & Horses from time to time, when I get time. I rarely watch the movies but like to have the option in case there is something good on etc

I have went to the website and seen all the great offers for the new customers but nothing for existing. Then the offers part goes blank for existing customers.

I used to be a massive fan but Now TV are becoming like their parent Sky, Greedy and once they hook you there is no loyalty to you at all. How dissapointing.

For goodness sake... All I ask is to get a few good offers to keep the service on, especially when we would watch a very select few shows. I'm sure its great for heavy users.

Some people say they get emailed longer term deals but I have had no such offer.

Anyway it might be nice if they listen to their customers, according to many forums there are alot of us in the same boat. So hopefully they listen and give us all a reason to stay.

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you paying a monthly subscription fee ?

If so, what i tend to do is buy voucher code passes from places like Currys etc where you apply the voucher code to your account.

For example you can purchase a three month entertainment voucher pass for £15 which equates to £5 a month or a two month Cinema voucher pass for £15 which equates to £7.50 / month compared to the full subscription cost.

I know it doesn't seem alot but over time you will be surprised how much you can save.

Some members might suggest trying your luck by threatening to cancell your subscription to see if NowTV will offer you a short term discount, where i agree loyalty should be rewarded automatically without asking for deals similar to new customers.

Trust me it's not only Sky, i am a long term BT customer where deals given to new customers irritates me Smiley Mad 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi OB

You know, if you shop around for passes, say from Amazon and their third party "Market Place" traders, you can get vouchers at a cheaper price than what is on offer here.

I also understand that you can get passes on ebay at very low prices, although I've never used ebay myself.

So you see, if you are willing to shop around you can cut the cost of your Now TV viewing.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Yeah you can get cheaper NowTV voucher codes from Ebay, but i don't trust some of the EBay traders (not worth the gamble IMO) rather buy my vouchers from Authorized NowTV Retailers.

Nothing wrong or stopping people buying vouchers from Ebay, but it would be at their own risk.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @4268

Hi Schnapps

You said, "Nothing wrong or stopping people buying vouchers from Ebay, but it would be at their own risk". Yes, I would agree but, as you know, there are safeguards with Ebay, such as purchasing via Paypal.

So I guess, what we are saying is that any perspective new customer to Ebay and even Amazon's Market Place Traders should be aware and take advantage of the safeguards in place before purchasing.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Never mentioned Amazon in my post, only Ebay where if it was me i would rather source my NowTV vouchers from NowTV Retailers.

Yes, you are perfectly right that there are safeguards in place with PayPal against Ebay sellers who don't honour their contract, but me personally for the sake of a few quid i wouldn't want the hassle or time involved pursuing tha claim with PayPal.

Out of curiosity what is the time frame for getting a full refund from PayPal if you make a claim against a Ebay seller ?

BTW - My previous post was nothing against Ebay for customers or buy or sell on their online service.

Edit - Yes what @ukbobboy said in his post that if you have any issues with Ebay or Amazon Market Place then as a customer you have safeguards in place to fallback on Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

Read your post above and thought that you had totally misread my post, until I read your edit.

Never mind, I'm listening to some cool (ol' skool) music.

Headphones.png

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@schnapps @Anonymous User @4268

Hi Schnapps

You said, "Nothing wrong or stopping people buying vouchers from Ebay, but it would be at their own risk". Yes, I would agree but, as you know, there are safeguards with Ebay, such as purchasing via Paypal.

So I guess, what we are saying is that any perspective new customer to Ebay and even Amazon's Market Place Traders should be aware and take advantage of the safeguards in place before purchasing.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy

Hi UKBob.

I think i misread your above post where i got the wrong end of the stick on my part, so apologise in advance for my previous posted reply.

Where you are correct in saying about customers who buy from Amazon and Ebay have safeguards in place to fall back on should things go wrong with a sale.

Sorry about that, should have read your post properly (my bad) Smiley Embarassed 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi guys and girls @schnapps @Anonymous User @ukbobboy @4268

You can also get NowTV vouchers from PayPal digital gifts, although of course you will need a PayPal account. They emailed the voucher codes straight to you. Just like the vouchers you get from elsewhere. On average they work out 2 pounds per month cheaper than paying monthly in the case of  cinema and entertainment passes. (In the case of cinema go for the two month pass to get the best saving Smiley Wink it's the £15 option you actually save £2.49 per month over the standard monthly price doing that Smiley Wink) in the case of the kids pass it works out to be 50p cheaper per month sports week passes are 99p cheaper than buying them direct from NowTV.

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/

I do love teaching people how to get the most out of the systemSmiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 But annoying PayPal Digital Gifts charge £34 for a month sports pass, which is a whole 1p MORE than the full price of the pass from NOW TV ... they are basically swindling everyone out of a Black Jack ... Smiley Mad

Black_Jack_T_Shirt[2].jpg