cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New movies being added and huge amount of missing movies.

Hi all,

My first queastion is about new movies being added. I haven't used the Movie pass for a while now but the last time I did every Friday there would be a couple of New films and a few older movies added. Today I logged in and noticed just one new movie has been added and no older movies. Do you now only get one new movie a week ?

The second is a HUGE amount of missing movies. It says in the Help & Imformation thread that you get 800 on demand movies. Going through the catergories I get 538 movies on demand and a HUGE amount of those movies are duplicated from other catergories. For example the Harry Potter movies show up in the Harry Potter, Kids Adaptations and Box Sets catergories. If we take away the duplicated movies shown in multiple catergories we are down in the low 400's. Where are the other movies and how do I access them please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just noticed you have mentioned the collections such as Harry Potter and box sets, these are picked by NOW TV and contain just a selection of the movies available, and the collection names change quite regularly.

To get to the rest of the movies, use the genres instead  (action, thriller, horror, family etc) - depending on your device they will either be listed from the main movies menu, or you go to All Movies and then you can choose a genre.

You will still find some movies are in several genres, eg a film may be in the sci-fi and thriller genres, but all the films will be in or other genre

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the rebrand of Sky Movies as a Sky Cinema there is now a new premiere each day rather than just on Fridays, so you now get 7 premieres each week you can what premieres are coming up here

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skycinema/gallery/coming-soon-to-sky-cinema-premiere

There's currently 1224 movies listed on the movie explorer page, although a handful of these are special promo shows on upcoming movies.

http://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer

What device are using to browse for them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started my subacription on the 1st of August. Only 3 films have been added to the Recently Added/ Most Recent section. Today is The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Yesterday two films Narcopolis & The Burning.

Today is the 5th so either I am missing 3 films or something is very wrong.

I currently use 2x Xbox One's - 1x PS4 & a white older NowTV box. There are definatly not  anywhere near a 1000 movies on any of my devices. Looking at the list of available movies I can instantly see many missing movies. When I do a search for them (currently on the xb1 app) the movies are there. They are hidden from the catergories on the app but do show up when I do search. Even after searching they do not appear on the lists.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Friday - The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Thursday - Narcopolis

Wednesday - The Burning

Tuesday - Bad Blood

Monday - Hyena Road

Sunday - Go With Me

Saturday - Minions

Friday - Burnt

As some of premiers are art house and foreign they aren't always added to the hand crafted Recently Added section.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just noticed you have mentioned the collections such as Harry Potter and box sets, these are picked by NOW TV and contain just a selection of the movies available, and the collection names change quite regularly.

To get to the rest of the movies, use the genres instead  (action, thriller, horror, family etc) - depending on your device they will either be listed from the main movies menu, or you go to All Movies and then you can choose a genre.

You will still find some movies are in several genres, eg a film may be in the sci-fi and thriller genres, but all the films will be in or other genre

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy going to the Genres tab shows all the movies DOH!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Phew! I was worried something had gone wrong with the Xbox app - you're welcome.

Not sure why you are not seeing all films on the recently added section, the NOW TV box app, website and mobile app have 57 movies in there at the moment (mix of old and new) so maybe keep an eye on that and if there is a problem report back so the NOW TV Team can check it out.

Anyway, hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the films now! 🙂