cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV account cancellation

Can someone tell me how to get out of the nightmare that is NOW TV?

I have been in e-mail correspondence regarding no access to inputting my Sky Cinema voucher codes, only to receive answers related to error codes when said vouchers are inputted. I have tried to explain each time that I am unable to get to that stage but do they take heed? NO. Try live chat instead they say - where is the access to live chat? I just had a look and can not find it, only this forum (I do not hold out hope given the inability of the NOW TV customer support to grasp my original query.)

In addition when the current "Active Pass" message is due for renewal no doubt they will want to take a direct debit - I would like to cancel but given I can not access either My Passes or anywhere on My ACcount save my history of purchases I am wonderign how to go about it.

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction, and please note talk of go to My Passes and enter voucher code, cancel pass or cancel account athere will not be taken kindly. Remember the problem is I am UNABLE TO ACCESS MY PASSES!

10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

With regard to cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s)...

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone. The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account. It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Cancel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

If the above does not suit your requirements, for security reasons, all 'account' related issues such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal and refunds are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative rather than asking one of them (or somebody who may be posing as one of them) to contact you via the forum!

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would love to get to that Cancellation page. instead I get a Loop of your circles playing (over 45 minutes now). We KNOW why this is, Stop people cancelling passes auto renew so you take our bloody money... Well, I shall be writing to your co secretary/legal officer and cancelling, and if you take my money I will see you in court. It all stops with a Judge Gavel! And its still going round and around....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancel passes about three or four times a year and have never had an issue, just follow the links and job done!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's most odd. What device are you using to access your NOW TV account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Normal PC. Win 10 and Chrome.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Normal PC. Win 10 and Chrome.

That's the same set-up as me @Anonymous User.

I wonder what devices other people are using and if they regularly clear their browser history?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dont have any problems! Its other posting who have issues. I stated :-

Re: NOW TV account cancellation

I cancel passes about three or four times a year and have never had an issue, just follow the links and job done!

Why do you think Im having issues?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

You know H

I'm guessing that the other guys are using either tablets or smart phones because they have been told that those devices are just as good as laptops or desktops, and we know that's just puffing (lies).

You see, I too have an android tablet and a smart phone but I would never (ever) use them to perform any kind of financial transaction, it's just too risky.

UK Bob

PS. I'm still using my WinXP PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually I have a PC - a Dell and after finally after a reply that made some sort of sense I got access to private chat and discovered that apparently Google and NOW do not mix, but Microsoft Edge apparently does. No help re failure of NOW Roku box to work re my account , but there again if you ring NOW they only want to talk Broadband and when you do get to chat they answer a different question to the one raised so not too surpised. Customer service does not seem to be their strong point.

But at present the problem seem to have been solved.