cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movies 30 Day Free Trial

Hello.

I'm tying to start the 30 day free movies trial and get the following message when I to set it up:

"30 day free trial then £9.99 a month.

By clicking "Pay After Trial" – and entering your PIN if you use one – you acknowledge you will lose your right to a refund should you cancel"

I think I must be stupid because to me the underlined part suggests to me that it won't be free at all. Sorry if I've misunderstood and I'd be grateful if someone could explain how it works.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User did you use your AppleID then? Worth checking iTunes on a PC, Mac, iPhone or iPad for subscriptions as you'll need to cancel it in there. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does clicking the 'Start Free Trial'  button start the trial and then clicking the 'Pay after trial' in the pop up window mean you agree to continue with movies once the trial is over?

Having a brain fart today....

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Don't worry, you can cancel at any time during your free trial and you won't automatically purchase any additional passes. You can also continue to watch your free trial until the expiry date. The message is just to warn you that you will be charged for future passes if you don't cancel before the end of the trial.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

🙂

Yeah this confused me too, "here's a free trial, only £9.99"...

I redeemed then cancelled, and "can keep watching until 13 January 2015".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How is the 30 day movie pass free if i have to agree to pay for it aftre the trial. That is a back payment for services used. Am i agreeing to pay for the second month to get the first month free> Is this how it works. Beginning to think it was a waste of money buyinf the now tv box. It doesn't have anything special on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting. You don't agree to pay for the second month. When you take our the free trial you can instantly cancel the auto renew so you are not charged after the trial. You must cancel before the 30 days expires. If you like the service then leave the auto renew and it will continue until you wish to cancel.

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the confirmation Ranj but given that so many people are querying what this means, why not just re-word it in plain English so there is no confusion!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It won't Evan let me on to my account keeps clicking off its trying to make sure you don't cancel its a con
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if clicking My Account takes you to the homepage, you've logged in with the wrong username. It's possible to have multiple Sky iDs and only the one attached to NOW TV will work. If you've had Sky Broadband or TV in the past your browser may have auto completed your old username. Try other usernames you might use or the forgotten username link on the login screen.
Also you could look through your emails for communications you've had with NOW TV and see if any of these include the correct one, or load the app which you've been watching on and check the settings to see which username is on that.

Once you've got the right one, clicking My Account will show the passes and you can cancel them with a few clicks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have never had sky and am on the correct one no matter which way I try to get on my account it always clicks to something else I have tried different devices and still the same