cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movie star ratings

Hi,

Where do the star ratings come from under the movie info? Is it possible to rate one after watching? I'm using a web broswer to watch at the moment.

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thry come from Sky.  No you can't rate them unfortuntelySmiley Surprised

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thry come from Sky.  No you can't rate them unfortuntelySmiley Surprised

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Can Sky customers on their devices rate the movies or does the Sky team come up with these star ratings ?

Don't have Sky, so i am just wondering out of curiosity.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Can Sky customers on their devices rate the movies or does the Sky team come up with these star ratings ?

Don't have Sky, so i am just wondering out of curiosity.

My guess is sky use rotten tomatoes as a guide. Maybe every 20% is a star?

Just a theory 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Well I was always told that Sky came up with them as I don't think at the time any movies got below 3 stars!!  I think that might have changed, but I don't see many with one star.  To be honest I'm not a fan of Sky Movies on NOW TV for the obv. limitations on pic & sound quality, which i think in 2016 is a joke!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After enduring the new Ghostbusters which Sky rated as 4* I have to assume that there is no logic to them and I'll now revert to checking other sources.

I, wrongly, assumed that a 4* movie would be fun. Instead I feel I have wasted almost 2 hours of my life hoping it would get better, and it never did! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reference new Ghost Busters movie, I agree.  Surely all Movie, Box Sets etc should be rated by consumers and not by a  sycophantic promotional team?  I for one am not happy with the stars system used by Now TV / Sky.